Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Glad you enjoyed. ^_^
So I might not be able to add tomorrow, a friend that moves comes back tomorrow and my friends and I wanted to spend the whole day with her. At worst, they'll happen next weekend, because the next few days will be spent with friends. If I don't get to them this weekend, I promise I'll have extra-long ones from New Hampshire. I'll try to do them tomorrow, if not, then Monday.
~ Smeeze ~

01-Jul-2007 01:31:04

The contents of this message have been hidden.

01-Jul-2007 18:33:07

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Adrian lay against the tree with half-shut eyes, trying to catch some more sleep before Emmaris decided they should be moving again. When he had woken the camp, he explained that Krystal and Maston had run off for unknown reasons. The company had agreed to wait to see if they decided to come back.
Rest, however, danced just out of his reach, so instead he watched Lil flirting with Kzahar a few feet away. Kzahar was a solid man, but very closed since his fiancée’s death in the tournament. Adrian had attempted to strike a conversation, but the one-word answers became boring.
He wondered how the elf’s death could have changed Kzahar so much. Before, he had been funny, jovial, and talkative. Now, however, he was much more like Maston. Adrian didn’t get it. He had never felt love, never felt that rush through his veins when they smiled, and never felt the gaping hole that was carved out of his heart when they died.
Lil was having no more luck than he’d had. Kzahar was sprawled on his back, arms behind his head, staring at the sky. She sat cross-legged next to him, prattling on about this and that so fast Adrian couldn’t keep up. It didn’t look like Kzahar was even trying. Still, Lil twirled a loose lock of her hair about her finger and mercilessly kept rambling.
Lil, now, there was a fine girl. She was more than a foot shorter than Adrian, but he admired her small, compact stature. Her lean figure was well-muscled, covered in creamy skin with the occasional freckle and on her forehead, stray strands of fiery red hair. She was really beautiful, it was a shame Kzahar was too wrapped in the past to see it. But he understood that the man disliked her partly, too, for her part in Arya** mental state before her battle.

02-Jul-2007 23:11:21

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

“Kzahar?” she paused in her chatter to glance down at him. His eyes had fallen shut. “Kzahar, are you even listening?”
“Arya?” he blurted, jerking upright. Lil flinched. He stared at her, blinking for a moment. “Oh…sorry. I thought – I was remembering…” he trailed off, flushing. Adrian suppressed a snort.
*It*s all right,” she sniffed. “I’ll leave you alone.”
“You don’t – I’m sorry, Lil…” But she was gone.
Adrian muttered, “I thought you didn’t like her?”
Kzah***s head whipped around. “It wasn’t Lil’s fault,” he shrugged. “It was mine. I can*t hold my fiancée’s death against her forever.”
Adrian responded with his own shrug and shut his eyes again.
Lil was off sulking by the edge of the camp, eyeing Arwing curled up by the fire. What was she depressed about? She had someone that loved her. The odds of Maston running away with Krystal for the reasons Arwing assumed were slim to none, and everyone knew it but her. But herself, there was one man she wanted, and he was completely blind to it.
Her thoughts were interrupted by K*ah***s startled, “What was that?”
“What?” asked Emmaris. Kzahar quickly hushed him. Silence fell, and the crackle of hooves on the forest floor was audible.
“Is it Maston?” pleaded Arwing hopefully.
“Grab your weapons. In case it’s guards or someone else,” urged Emmaris. Arwing reached for her bow and noc*ed an arrow, Adrian drew his sword, as did Kzahar, and Lil grabbed her truncheon. Emmaris pulled out an old rapier from the pirate attack that he had looted. Then Adrian kicked dirt on the small fire and the camp’s occupants spread themselves in the trees to wait.

02-Jul-2007 23:11:40

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

“You promise we’ll go after them?” Krystal was saying as they trotted into the clearing.
“Maston!” exclaimed Arwing, and the company materialized from the brush.
“Arwing?” Maston swung smoothly down from the horse and moved to embrace her, but she jabbed the arrow point at his chest. He jumped back in surprise. Everyone but the blond woman stowed their weapons again. Emmaris confronted him with crossed arms.
“Where have you been?” he demanded.
“I – we…”
“We went to look for Bond,” Maston declared. “I don’t think it’s right that we just left him. We went back to Port Sarim to free him.”
“So where is he?”
Maston glared at Kzahar. “He wasn’t there. The situation’s worse. They’ve taken him off to one of the big cities.”
“So?” shrugged Lil.
“So?” echoed Krystal. “Taken to Falador or Varrock for a trial. A real city, with real people. Real people that have seen the posters of information about the tournament and are wondering what happened to US! If he’s recognized, if we’re exposed, we’ll never get to Issavan! He’ll hunt us down and kill us, instead of the other way around!”
“Arwing…” Kzahar leaned in close. “He’s telling the truth.”
“We have to follow them,” Krystal insisted. “We can still pick up their trail, and track them down and save him.”
“We’re all at stake now,” Maston added.
“Who says I don’t believe him?” Arwing snapped.
Kzahar folded his arms. “Then put the bow away.”
She stared at it for a moment, then lowered it. Maston, watching her from the corner of his eye as they argued with Emmaris, relaxed visibly.
“I know the look of someone who thinks they’ve been duped as such,” he whispered. “But believe him. You know he’d never do something like that, Arwing, and you should treasure every moment with him.”
“Maybe I should blame Krystal instead?” But she looked at Lil. Kzahar snorted and shook his head, tuning back in to the discussion.
“It’s not safe, we shouldn’t split up,” Emmaris argued.
“What if they take him to Varrock?”

02-Jul-2007 23:12:16

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

“We don’t have time. We should just hurry to Issavan and finish our work before they recognize him.”
“Like we’ll be able to wipe out the entire family tree before Bond is put on trial and someone lets the whole world know we survived?” Krystal countered.
Emmaris sagged. He didn’t think it was safe, although they had a point. “Fine…” he conceded, grumbling. “Who do we send?”
“I’ll go!”
No surprise that Krystal volunteered. But Kzahar said, “You shouldn’t. This is too emotional for you.” He glanced apologetically at her. “Whoever does this needs to be clear-headed, this has to be done quickly.”
“Then you shouldn’t either,” rumbled Adrian. Kzahar flinched. “You’re still distracted mentally yourself. I’ll go. I can handle any guards he has, too – no offense to your sword skills, Kzahar, you’re a fine fighter.”
“Are you good at tracking?”
“Not the best,” he confessed.
*Lil, you told me you had some skill there,” offered Kzahar. “I do pay attention.” And I’m trying to get rid of you, Adrian read into the look.
“Yes, but –“
“Wonderful!” Emmaris clapped his hands. “You two shall go. Lil, you’re light enough, I’m sure you can manage to share a horse with Adrian. We’ll wait for word from you in Varrock. If we must wait too long, however, we may have to progress without you. Is that all right?”
Before Lil could protest again, he repeated, “Wonderful! You should get going then, if you want to have the trail by nightfall.”

02-Jul-2007 23:12:43

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top