Forums

Road to the Quest Cape

Quick find code: 48-49-229-66219270

Wolf Demon0
Dec Member 2023

Wolf Demon0

Posts: 86 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, I've been an on again/off again player since Runescape 2. Usually I'm unable to keep focus on this game for more than a month at a time. Then I'll lose interest in this game until something sparks it again yeeeeeeeeaaaaaarrrrs down the line. Then I'll play again for a month, lose interest, rinse and repeat.

Well I just got a spark of inspiration in this game, and an idea of how I can keep interest in this game for more than a month.

Thanks to me noticing that you can now sort quests by timeline in the game, I have decided to do every quest in RS3 by chronological order with a fresh account (kinda want to reacquaint myself with the lore of the game as well :P ). In doing so, I'll also be getting myself a Quest Cape for the first time ever.

I've also decided to chronicle my journey, in the hopes that keeping a kinda journal will also keep my interest up in the game.

I'll also be keeping a list of the pets that I managed to get, since pet collection is a major interest of mine in the game as well.

17-Jun-2021 05:10:03 - Last edited on 17-Jun-2021 05:41:47 by Wolf Demon0

Wolf Demon0
Dec Member 2023

Wolf Demon0

I actually created this account a week ago and the quests I managed to complete since then are:

Cook's Assistant
The Restless Ghost
Sheep Shearer
Demon Slayer
Shield of Arrav
(words cannot describe how happy I am that this and Hero's Quest are now able to be soloed)

Rune Mysteries

Sadly I've run into a bit of a snag with the next quest in the list. Next quest being Rune Memories, since that is a members only quest, and I'm unable to go membership for at least a month. So my journey is going to have to be put on hold for the moment. Luckily the Yak Track is able to keep me busy until then.

17-Jun-2021 05:18:09

Wolf Demon0
Dec Member 2023

Wolf Demon0

Good news! I was able to get a bond for a 14 day membership. My journey continues! Also I joined a clan, so that should help immensely with skilling.

Quests completed today:

Rune Memories
Imp Catcher
(So I actually remember this quest from a long time ago, and that I needed to kill imps until I get beads. So before activating the quest, I spent several hours killing imps for their beads...only to find out that this quest had a maaaajor overhaul and that I didn't need to kill random imps anymore. *Sigh* >.> )

Stolen Hearts
Diamond in the Rough
Ernest the Chicken
Vampyre Slayer
Witch's Potion

Also the pets I've gotten since starting this game again are:

Baby Troll
Felix
Steel Panther
Hector
Buck
Scales
(Have no idea how I got this pet or where he came from. There is literally no info about him in Google either)

I think I'll also be making a note of my skill levels too:

Attack - 19
Constitution - 23
Mining - 32
Strength - 18
Agility - 24
Smithing - 32
Defense -23
Fishing - 40
Ranged - 25
Thieving - 16
Cooking - 37
Prayer - 23
Crafting - 31
Firemaking - 40
Magic - 19
Fletching - 13
Woodcutting - 33
Runecrafting - 9
Slayer - 12
Hunter - 18
Summoning - 10
Divination - 9

Combat Level - 31

Haven't done anything with Herblore, Farming, Construction, Dungeoneering, or Archaeology yet, so they are all level 1, and I'm not a high enough level for Invention.

18-Jun-2021 08:24:34 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2021 10:42:27 by Wolf Demon0

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good luck!!! Quest point cape was my most exciting journey in RS. So much to do and so many adventures. I'm sure you'll beat it in some time. If you ever need help with anything be it skills or quests give me a shout :) Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

18-Jun-2021 23:30:39

Wolf Demon0
Dec Member 2023

Wolf Demon0

Thanks Corder, will do!

So got a ton of quests done today! Also did a bunch of combat training as well, and by combat training I mean I had 35 training dummies' and I spent several hours smacking them around until I got my Attack, Constitution, Strength, Defense, Ranged, and Magic to at least level 30 or above. :D

The quests I got done today are:

Goblin Diplomacy
Pirate's Treasure
Druidic Ritual
Monk's Friend
Clock Tower
Hazeel Cult
Sheep Herder
Plague City
Observatory Quest

19-Jun-2021 08:36:19 - Last edited on 19-Jun-2021 08:37:33 by Wolf Demon0

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Great to see so many quests done, and some of which are my favorites! Plague City (and Biohazard) are sweet quests, anything in Ardougne has really nice stories to tell. :)
Keep it up!!
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

19-Jun-2021 09:09:01

Wolf Demon0
Dec Member 2023

Wolf Demon0

Yeah, I love the Elf Series quests! One of my main goals from years and years and years ago was to get to the elf city. Alas the quest that takes you into Priffdinas requires sooo many skills to be level 75 so I was never able to make it there since I quickly lost interest (and the the will to live) spending weeks grinding for levels. So since I'm following the quests timeline path, hopefully I'll have the levels (or close to the levels) by the time I have to do A Plague's End.

Another quest series I'm looking forward to getting to is the penguin quests, mainly for the fact that I can't wait to start doing Penguin Hide & Seek again (since I remember that being another easy way to gain a bunch of levels quickly).

19-Jun-2021 09:34:03 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2021 04:32:40 by Wolf Demon0

Wolf Demon0
Dec Member 2023

Wolf Demon0

Finally gritted my teeth and did rank 17 of the Yak Track, which was to fish or mine 817...things, which was not a fun thing to do. Literally just sat around for 4 or 5 hours mining iron ore. It did become a little more bearable once I realized I can bind an item to a number on the action bar and just mash that number which drops all the items of that type super quickly. Still hated doing this task though.

Got a bunch of quests done:

Dwarf Cannon
Murder Mystery
Gertrude's Cat
Priest in Peril
Death Plateau
A Soul's Bane
Rag and Bone Man
Wolf Whistle
Swept Away

Got quite a few pets as well:

Cat
Sheep Dog
Lorehound
Cerberus
Earhart
Springy

Gained quite a lot of levels since the last time too:

Attack - 31
Constitution - 39
Mining - 46
Strength - 31
Agility - 28
Smithing - 41
Defense - 35
Herblore - 12
Ranged - 41
Thieving - 25
Cooking - 38
Prayer - 26
Crafting - 44
Magic 35
Fletching - 50
Woodcutting - 35
Runecrafting - 22
Slayer - 25
Farming - 18
Construction - 27
Hunter - 31
Summoning - 11
Dungeoneering - 15
Divination - 21

Fishing and Firemaking are the same, and still haven't done anything with Archaeology.

20-Jun-2021 10:58:43 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2021 04:32:58 by Wolf Demon0

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Great progress! Gratz on your pets - Lorehound is my favorite :)
Those are some really fun quests too!
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

20-Jun-2021 11:57:45

Quick find code: 48-49-229-66219270 Back to Top