Forums

Can i please log in now?

Quick find code: 443-444-838-66236074

Aerokev
Jul Member 2011

Aerokev

Posts: 106 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Jagex,

I STILL can't log in with the "username/email" option. I've been trying to reach out about this several times, but I never got any replies.

I'm playing on a moto x4 and keep getting the message:
"Could not connect. Please try your internet connection or try again later."
Which doesn't make sense because my internet works just fine in sending this message from the same device as well.

I can simply log in with a google account, but the account I want to access is from 2005. Before Google was even an option.

I would very much like a reply.

Kind regards,
Aerokev

17-Nov-2021 11:33:42

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,893 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Aerokev

Is it possible for you to try a different internet connection, e.g. mobile data or wifi?
Does this issue occur in the client or web browser? If client, which game? Does it persist across all devices?
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

17-Nov-2021 11:52:00

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,893 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks, did you try both mobile data and wifi?
A few things worth trying are:
- clearing your client cache
- setting a different browser as default browser, followed by reinstalling the game
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

17-Nov-2021 12:27:28

HerniaAttacK

HerniaAttacK

Posts: 235 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MOBILE APP/CLIENT:

I have exactly the same problem! Started a couple of days ago May 2022.
The option to log in with "Email/Username" -butten gives error: "Could not connect. Please check your internet connection or try again later".

As such - I have no problem with wifi or internet-connection as I get access to the game using the other log-in buttons ("Sign in with Google", "Sign in with Apple", "Login with Facebook".

Of course I've cleared cache in browsers, in Google and such. Reinstalled, restarted, un-linked, clearing app and browser caches, restarted phone etc.

I get access to my account and game on PC. Missing DXP on mobile app ` :(
Bump!

22-May-2022 11:44:13 - Last edited on 22-May-2022 13:46:15 by HerniaAttacK

KB Toker

KB Toker

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have also had this issue for quite some time and I am not entirely sure how to fix it. It feels like it HAS to be the client. I am just baffled that I still cannot find information on how to fix the issue of not being able sign in with email/username, but all other options work. Jagex dropping the ball hard on this issue I feel. And I suppose it doesn't help to give more information. I am using a Samsung Galaxy note9, more than enough storage and ram, login doesn't work with wifi or cellular data. Also, I personally feel like it stopped working for me to use the email/username when my security token expired. Cannot confirm 100% though.

25-Jun-2022 22:16:39 - Last edited on 25-Jun-2022 22:27:36 by KB Toker

Quick find code: 443-444-838-66236074 Back to Top