Forums

RS3 Mobile feedback

Quick find code: 443-444-194-66103414

P1mpDaddyD
Apr Member 2022

P1mpDaddyD

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have been playing RS3 mobile for about 6 to 8 months now and have been playing runescape all together since 2004 and what I have realized missing is a few things that would be helpful.

- Quickchat: I own an Galaxy S10+ and with the curved screen it is hard to type without making mistakes and takes a long time as it is and would like quick chat functions enabled to make chatting easier.

- Public/Friends/Clan chat options: Currently I do not have these capabilities like I do on a computer. I don't like having all of my public chats showing up when I only want my clan to show up. I do not see an enable option in the settings anywhere.

-XP amount: Currently when I check my XP amount of a skill while I am Skilling, the amount stops counting as long as I am hovered over it so it does not currently update in real time. I would like this to update in real time to help clicking back and forth with things I might be doing.

-XP Bubble for maxxed skills: When Skilling and gaining xp in maxed skilled I do not see the bubble of what skills I am gaining xp in. I would like to see these bubbles to understand what skills are being increased while I am skilling.

I will be providing more feedback soon.

01-Jun-2019 01:00:04 - Last edited on 01-Jun-2019 01:03:39 by P1mpDaddyD

A Fredd
Oct Member 2021

A Fredd

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I will provide some of mine feedback also here.

Device info: OnePlus 6, Android 9

- Runemetrics isn't available on mobile, or I just did not found where it is. It would be nice to see this coming to mobile.

- I do not have capabilities when I'am examine someone to see there current exp of a particular skill.

- When you are skilling on the agility pillars in Priffidians and then you try to swipe from up to down to see your notifications or time, your character will annoyingly every time jump of the pillars. (In comparison to skilling with a status bar, it doesn't interrupt the progress.)

Btw keep up the work mobile dev team, looking forward to the full release.
"
You can't waste experience if you don't gain experience
" once told me a true man.

02-Jun-2019 11:23:29 - Last edited on 02-Jun-2019 17:32:23 by A Fredd

Invision
Apr Member 2016

Invision

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
During my 40-50 hours on mobile so far, since 2nd beta-release (expansion), I've done:

- Araxxor (with Royal Crossbow and Superior Spined Armor)
- Skilling, anything from chill AFK mining to speeding C6 small DG floors solo, Runecrafting through the Abyss and the worst of all (on mobile) Construction.
- Daily activities such as Vis Wax, Shop runs, Herb runs, etc.
- Slayer tasks, even Abyssal Demons with Aggro pots, using Spring Cleaner and so on.

So I've tried a bit of many things, but still got lots of stuff to explore.

My biggest concerns have been:
Minimap being really uncomfortable in its rectangular format, often resulting in me only using it for vision, not to select where to go.
Banking being very difficult, especially moving items around, selecting all-but-one, as it'll force me to scroll down and potentially miss-click.
Skilling such as Construction where the hold-remove option becomes rather tedious, more so than on PC which is already tedious.

I know that with the bank update coming sometime, there will be a feature that lets you set a preset for how much you want to withdraw when left-clicking, like OSRS has, and I'm really hyped for this feature.
But as of right now, banking is something I am dreading to do when on mobile (with nearly 803/803 bank).

Combat with multiple ability bars. I've already spent what I have of IRL cash on extra ability bars, presets, bank space and what not, and currently I don't have enough ability bars to comfortably have a mobile setup and a PC setup, and swapping them around each time I'm to use either, kinda sucks.

It feels awkward that your revo bar cannot be used manually on mobile, and that you'll have to put all thresholds/ultimates on the secondary and tertiary bars, leaving almost no room for switches, prayers, defensives, spells and what have you.
If you have 12? slots on your revolution bar, the icons are very small, and hitting the correct with your finger would be difficult. 1/2

03-Jun-2019 14:05:31

Invision
Apr Member 2016

Invision

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But if you would put it to 6/12 (common to have 6 basics), then maybe 2 thresholds there, the icons wouldn't have to be minimized that much, allowing for manually using them on top of revo. That would also allow for 2+ more slots on the other ability bars.

I don't expect my phone to handle max render distance, so I'll have to live with the foggy short-render distance. That's fine, but I hope this isn't an issue for people with high end phones. I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Portrait mode would also be very nice. And on top of that, allowing the ribbon setup to be on the left-hand side of the screen, not just stuck on right side. This because I'm right handed, and if I want to use one hand, my inner thumb will hit ribbons when trying to reach other half of the screen. I guess this is an issue with short hands ooof.

Generally, well done on the mobile beta so far, and it's super convenient for low-effort gameplay such as AFK skilling, easy slayer etc. It was not easy doing that Araxxor kill though, that I have to say. Maybe it'd be a lot easier running full t92 setup as the room for error is much bigger there.

2/2

03-Jun-2019 14:09:27 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2019 14:09:39 by Invision

Den B-arry

Den B-arry

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Jagex
the app is doing well, i can really play anywhere now!
the thing i feel to be missing is my slayercounter, i think i have to use a gem to know how many beasts i still have to kill. am i just not finding it of does it not exist on the app?

28-Aug-2019 01:14:44

Pat Say Jack

Pat Say Jack

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Den B-arry said :
Hi Jagex
the app is doing well, i can really play anywhere now!
the thing i feel to be missing is my slayercounter, i think i have to use a gem to know how many beasts i still have to kill. am i just not finding it of does it not exist on the app?

If you close your minimap it will appear. To minimize the map "right click" the compass.

30-Aug-2019 18:56:20

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Having a slayer counter will be really useful especially since u can add slayer helm to ur camp now if u have it high enough to make for the bonus without wearing it since helm is the only way to get kc left without wasting space essentially

also need to find a way to add teleports because without slayer helm being worn there's no point in adding all the various rings to the actual slayer helm
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

03-Sep-2019 02:28:38

Paingarana
Mar Member 2016

Paingarana

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My issue was resolved, the drop down menu wasnt loading for me but it is now, but now I have another issue, I am doing the "River of Blood" quest and when I defeat the Wyrd, it start a cutscene but stops on the Wyrd is banished and doesnt continue anything. Once I move it exits me from the cutscene and when I try again it glitches at the same spot. I was X

06-Sep-2019 18:27:49

Quick find code: 443-444-194-66103414 Back to Top