Forums

Tablets

Quick find code: 429-430-944-66203571

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It most likely depends on the tablet.

From the OSRS Mobile FAQ | Technical article in the Support Centre:

"
Do tablets support the app?

Our current focus is primarily phones. The game is not yet optimised for tablet devices."

You can find more of the system requirements for OSRS Mobile in the OSRS Mobile FAQ | Installing article in the SUpport Centre.

To determine if your device is compatible, sign in to the Google Play Store with the same account your tablet is registered to and go to the page for Old School RuneScape. It should tell you which of your devices it will work with.

To the best of my knowledge, the mobile app does not support the use of a keyboard and mouse.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

16-Feb-2021 03:15:41 - Last edited on 16-Feb-2021 03:20:15 by Tren

Pescao6
Aug Member 2007

Pescao6

Posts: 9,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Can I play osrs on tablets?

Yes, you should be able to. Most tablets these days meet the minimum system requirements. Ref: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Game_Requirements

More specifically one running Android go.

You should be able to as long as you're not running other apps at the same time. The thing about Android Go tablets is that they're sort-of like a Venezuelan Canaima laptop. They're really good very cheap computers that hypothetically speaking should allow you to play RuneScape 3 no problem as long as you're not attempting to run other programs at the same time. And in comparison, Old School RuneScape can run on a toaster. So I have no doubt that there is a way to play OSRS Mobile on one of them Android Go tablets, but I can't say that the conventional way of simply downloading OSRS Mobile from the Play Store will or will not work since I haven't tried it. Most retail stores give you a 14-day return policy on technology products, so you could always buy one of those tablets just to test it out and return it if it doesn't work out.

Was wondering if I can, can I use Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?

Maybe. I haven't tried using a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard on a phone or tablet, but I've used a mouse and keyboard on OSRS Mobile in Bluestacks on my desktop. So I think that would depend on the tablet recognizing the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and letting you use it on top of the app. Worst case scenario, you can always connect remotely to something like an Amazon Virtual Machine or GeForce Now using your tablet to connect to a more powerful computer. I've played OSRS from a Virtual Machine and the only thing that bothered me was the keyboard sometimes wouldn't work, but the mouse always worked fine.
Pescao6
of
El Imperio Latino

Hola Noob! Klk? What's up?
~
Discord: Pescao6#0001

16-Feb-2021 06:20:51

Quick find code: 429-430-944-66203571 Back to Top