Forums

Mobile (iPad) Keyboard Help

Quick find code: 429-430-90-66258898

Mr Sandman X

Mr Sandman X

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Over the last few years I’ve been enjoying Osrs on my iPhone - about a year ago I switched to my iPad Pro 12.9” and have a wireless keyboard and mouse connected. Mouse using to play the game, keyboard to type and respond to people and filter items in the GE and the Bank. Simple enough -

However, Since the latest patch about 3 or 4 days ago - there have been problems with both. While typing, some letters take the place of others, and the Enter and Delete button do not work at all. So i no longer can search/filter or type to others in game unless i bring up the on screen keyboard - which is infinitely more inconvenient.

Also, the right click function on my mouse use to work 100% of the time. Now it seems the menu keeps disappearing when I’m clicking sometimes, and sometimes i have to hold the right click and slide down to the option I want to select. Either of these things weren’t happening before the latest patch. And both of these items (keyboard and mouse) work in other applications and on websites etc)

What I’ve done to fix it:
-reinstalled osrs.
-restarted the application and the iPad multiple times.
-Even bought a new mouse / keyboard. (It’s not them)

Are there any fixes? Is there any settings that I’m missing or possibly altered in some way? The mouse issue is barely a problem, im more concerned with the keyboard function as it is completely un-usable now. Help!

29-Jul-2022 13:34:33

Jabdor
Jul Member 2023

Jabdor

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Did you ever get an answer/fix to this? I’m experiencing the same issue. My iPad Pro 12.9” with a wireless keyboard was working perfectly, and then after an update, the enter and delete key stopped working.

30-Jul-2022 14:42:05

Mr Sandman X

Mr Sandman X

No there hasn’t been a fix for this yet. Being an eliminator of sorts, I even bought a new keyboard for my iPad Pro (used this to be the excuse for spending the money on something I really didn’t need) and same issue. Ever since the update - The enter and delete keys on the wireless (or any external keyboard for that matter) are no longer working at all. Oddly enough though, if i bring up the “on screen” keyboard i can use those buttons. Very much a pain when trying to talk in clan or friends while trying to play the game.

02-Aug-2022 02:42:58

Mr Sandman X

Mr Sandman X

Problem still persists to this day… do moderators not read forums anymore and tell Jagex/ developers about things they break in patches?? You would think that after a patch you would be looking extra close to make sure there were no bugs that happened…

15-Aug-2022 02:52:00

LagerthaBAMF

LagerthaBAMF

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Look, I’ve been patient with this problem seeing as I also had the Apple Pencil problem in Jun and that seems better now. It’s only on OSRS when I have keyboard issues. No “backspace”, no “enter”, “E” and “G” do weird things. There’s no way to spell “eggs” properly. I’m forced not to interact and my clan mates think I’m mute now… please bring attention to this.

26-Aug-2022 23:15:49

LagerthaBAMF

LagerthaBAMF

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Look, I’ve been patient with this problem seeing as I also had the Apple Pencil problem in Jun and that seems better now. It’s only on OSRS when I have keyboard issues. No “backspace”, no “enter”, “E” and “G” do weird things. There’s no way to spell “eggs” properly. I’m forced not to interact and my clan mates think I’m mute now… please bring attention to this.

PS. I’ve already turned it Off and On again. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It’s your turn.

26-Aug-2022 23:15:51 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2022 23:18:36 by LagerthaBAMF

Quick find code: 429-430-90-66258898 Back to Top