Forums

Can't find my Character

Quick find code: 429-430-864-66181314

TrueXoft

TrueXoft

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am having trouble finding this character (TrueXoft) on my osrs mobile. When I log in it says I don't have membership and to change to a free world and when I do, I'm on tutorial island being asked to give a new character a name.

I am using a phone recently returned from repair. I have another one that I have used in the meantime. When I log in on that phone it works just like before. My character is right there.
I have double checked that I do the same thing on both phones. I tap "Continue with runescape account" on both phones, type in the same email, the same password (obviously) and I am even prompted to use my authenticator on the new phone and it accepts the code tied to to this character. And yet different things happen.

Appreciate any help i can get.

22-Sep-2020 00:27:51

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
TrueXoft

So, when you click on "Continue with RuneScape account" on either phone, then enter your login and password, each phone takes you to a different account?

My guess is one of the phones is automating the login directly in to an account.
The only way to sort this is to ensure you fully log out of both accounts on the two phones.

The full logout from a mobile based account is a three step process.
1. While in-game click on the door and click on "Tap here to logout"
2. On the Welcome to Old School RuneScape screen, click on "Sign out"
3. Next screen says Are you sure you want to sign out? click "Yes"

Once you have both phones fully logged out, try logging in again and see which account you end up in.
If you end up being taken to the wrong account, use the tools on the Forgotten login support page to identify the login you want.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

22-Sep-2020 09:09:38

TrueXoft

TrueXoft

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, thank you for the response.
Unless I am missing something however, I'm afraid it didn't help.

I have done as you said and logged out on both phones and then tried on the new one again. Same problem though, the exact same login details get me different characters. I have changed my password, that and my new phone recognises the change, won't accept the old password, but still gets me a new character.

I used the tool you provided me. The email I got says I only have one account attached to the email I use. I haven't tried actually going through the character creation process on the "wrong" account. Should I do that and see if I get another account if I try the tool again?

22-Sep-2020 10:57:58

Scotizm
Mar Member 2023

Scotizm

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
thanks for sending me here, i am also having the same issue with account, but when i use the login , it says non members and if im in world, im in tutorial island as well, and im so dumbfounded, i encountered this earlier this year in feb, but gave up but now, i really want my account to use on PC, not just my phone. lol

23-Sep-2020 04:32:32

MisterBala

MisterBala

Posts: 286 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I also have the same problem, today i logged in, played for like 20 minutes and logged out, after half a hour tried again and i cant. It says i need to become a member, and if a switch to F2P world it creates a new account :/

24-Sep-2020 11:20:34

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@
Bala18

How do you normally log in? e.g. email/pw or Google shortcut or Game Centre shortcut.
When you logged back in after half an hour, did you use exactly the same method?

When it is telling you it is heading into character creation and a new account, it usually means you didn't use your regular login method.

You can try the instructions I left above for TrueXoft but, ultimately, their login issue resolved itself and my instructions didn't make a difference.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

24-Sep-2020 11:39:41

IceMan2007
Oct Member 2021

IceMan2007

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I am having these EXACT same issues.

I have tried everything. Following all the steps.

When I log into my account with my PC, I am on the right account. But if I try to log into my account with OSRS MOBILE it logs in and asks me to name my account and I'm on tutorial island.

HELP I'm hoping this bug gets fixed!

25-Sep-2020 01:28:55

DonutWreckr
Sep Member 2017

DonutWreckr

Posts: 34 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im having the same issue. Account will
Login just fine on my iPad. My iPhone on the other hand asks me to make a new account and starts me off on tutorial island.....tried uninstalling the app and a hard restart on the device as wel.

25-Sep-2020 13:51:50

Quick find code: 429-430-864-66181314 Back to Top