Forums

S Pen Camera Rotation

Quick find code: 429-430-340-66274802

Batedcobra
Apr Member 2015

Batedcobra

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I have an S22 Ultra and I have been trying to use my S Pen to play OSRS but when I attempt to drag across the screen (to move the camera) it just taps the screen at the initial point of contact. I also can not tap and hold on different things to view other options on them. This problem does not persist in any other application. I could swear it had worked in the past but it isn't working now. I've tried restarting my phone, uninstalling/reinstalling runescape, and making sure everything is updated. Nothing seems to be working.

Is this a known problem? If so, is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance :)

16-Feb-2023 22:03:17

Taco Kit
Jun Member 2023

Taco Kit

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have same issue on a note 20 i think it might be related to the S pen in general and yea this has just started for me in the last couple hours
Other places it doesnt work is long holding on anything.
Just general S pen use is broken

17-Feb-2023 00:02:04

A Warthog
Jan Member 2021

A Warthog

Posts: 476 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The same thing is happening on my end on all of my Samsung devices with S Pen support on the latest version of OSRS Mobile. This broke with the last update, and isn't the first time this has happened. Last time, Jagex broke S Pen support while improving overall mouse support. They fixed it with the next update.

Hopefully Jagex fixes this soon, as it's my preferred way to play (and I'm sure I'm not the only one). I have some issues with my fingers and wrists as a result of a sports-related injury, and the ability to hold the pen as though I was writing feels more natural and ergonomic than using a mouse.

17-Feb-2023 00:47:29

FeelsBadMatt
Nov Member 2022

FeelsBadMatt

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a S22 Ultra and logged in this morning to notice I couldn't rotate the camera either by swiping the pen. I can also no longer hold down the pen to get a menu to appear I.e. when highlighting an NPC and choosing "attack, pickpocket or talk".

Honestly, without the pen working I probably won't continue to play OSRS mobile which is a huge shame as its a great pass time while watching TV.

Please get this fixed soon Jagex.

18-Feb-2023 12:34:12

Mesa6505
Mar Member 2024

Mesa6505

I suddenly started having the same issue on my Samsung S21 ultra When i logged on after the last feb, 15th update. was working totally fine before that Since downloading the mobile version Just over a week ago... It is difficult to play without it and i don't even have fat fingers... Hopefully it gets fixed because I won't play otherwise...

18-Feb-2023 19:48:39

Having Beers
Oct Member 2021

Having Beers

The camera control functions with a stylus were broken with the lastest update. It happened back in 2020 after an update as well and it took them ages to fix it.

You're better off posting this on Reddit because thats the only place mods actually provide customer support.

19-Feb-2023 20:44:44

SupahCynic

SupahCynic

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im on the S22 Ultra also, now holding out on buying a bond until they fix the problem as i mostly play on mobile. While they are at it i hope they add more support and custom setting for stylus and S Pen. Be nice to utilise the side button for something like toggling between dropping items. OSRS endagered species

20-Feb-2023 23:10:08

Huntingmen1
Aug Member 2008

Huntingmen1

Posts: 118 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Same foe me last time my s pen on my 22 ultra worked was the 15 just before the update. I'm hoping it gets fixed soon as the stylist is much nicer and more precise then my fingers and hurts less. It seems to effect camera, long press, and interfaces such as scrolling through the bank. I would like to hear if/when they will have this fixed as it's not the first time these issues have occurred and seem to have been broken in the latest update. I play mainly on my phone anymore so I'm hoping this gets fixed soon.

21-Feb-2023 14:54:57

Quick find code: 429-430-340-66274802 Back to Top