Forums

RS 18th - Forum Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 42-43-869-66072469

Mod Meadows

Mod Meadows

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Original message details are unavailable.
Happy Birthday RuneScape!

Hey team,

It's the 18th Birthday of RuneScape and we're wanting to celebrate in style, so we thought we would run a super exciting competition for the best online gaming community in the world! Want to find out more... read on!

WHAT CAN I WIN?

A celebration of 18 Years of RuneScape wouldn’t be complete if we couldn’t give you a very special backstage look at how Gielinor was born and how we make it even better every day!

So, with that in mind, for this ultimate competition, we have decided to unroll the
red carpet
and invite
you and one guest
to our offices for a very special day. Here’s what this prize includes:

-
Plane/train tickets to come to Jagex offices

-
Hotel accommodation

-
Food for the period you're here

-
Special activities

HOW TO ENTER?

We want to give you all the possibility to join the fun, but we also want to give each and every one of you the opportunity to get rewarded for your dedication. This is why we’ve come up with a special set of rules. Here’s how to enter:

1. Go in-game, shout “Happy Birthday RuneScape!” in the spot you find to be the most iconic of your journey in Gielinor and take a screenshot of it.

2. Come back here, post a reply with your screenshot… and that’s it, you’ve got ONE entry!

Yes, it’s as simple as that!

... Wait, what? You want even more chances to win? Alright, let’s spice things up!

BONUS ENTRIES

So, for all the following actions, you will receive a corresponding number of bonus entries on top of your initial entry. You can complete all of them. If you complete several, just edit your first entry post.

- 1 Bonus Entry - Share the screen on Twitter, with #RuneScape18Years (if your account name is different than forum name, add your forum name in the text of the post)*

- 1 Bonus Entry - Share the screen on Instagram, with #RuneScape18Years (if your account name is different than forum name, add your forum name in the text of the post)*

- 1 Bonus Entry - Gain a level in Mining or Smithing, take a screen when you pass the level and post the screen here (if you’re maxed, post a screen of the skills tab)*

- 1 Bonus Entry - Gain a 50+ level in any skill, take a screen when you pass the level and post the screen here (if you’re maxed, post a screen of the skills tab)*

- 3 Bonus Entries - Play 10min every day until January 31st (post a reply in this thread to let us know you did)

- 5 Bonus Entries - Play 30min every day until January 31st (post a reply in this thread to let us know you did)

- 10 Bonus Entries - Play 1h every day until January 31st (post a reply in this thread to let us know you did)

- 10 Bonus Entries - Be a Premier Club Member

*Can only be done once

What else should I know?

For all FAQ's check in the post below this one!

WANT MORE PRIZES?

Oh and that's not all! If you're following us on socials, you might already know that we've unleashed a motherload of prizes to win throughout the month in celebrations of 18 Years of RuneScape, with each week something new for grabs. Here's what you can get your hands on:

- [Reddit] Share your fondest RuneScape memories for a chance to WIN a Fine Print Art of the Illustrated Map of Gielinor. Ends Jan 13th.
- [Twitter] Follow + RT for a chance to WIN our RuneScape OST Classics and Orchestral Collection (CD & Vinyl). Ends Jan 20th.
- [Discord] Post your stories and screens (achievements, fails, fun moments, gorgeous screenshot, etc) on the "#18th-birthday-competition" channel for a chance to WIN signed goodies. Ends Jan 27th.
- [Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or at [email protected]] Share your favourite RS art with #RuneScape18Years for a chance to WIN a unique hand-painted 3D-printed figurine of Hans, the first ever NPC to see the day in RuneScape. Ends Jan 31st.

Good luck, and please ensure you read the FAQ below. :)

Mod Meadows.
@JagexMeadows
~RuneScape Community Management.
~ Mod Meadows ~ Forum Curator ~ Tweet Me @JagexMeadows ~

04-Jan-2019 11:07:58 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2019 14:09:20 by Mod Niku

Mod Meadows

Mod Meadows

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Original message details are unavailable.
FAQ

What is the competition and how can I enter?

Our competition is live, and available to enter right now: RS 18 Years Birthday – WIN a special trip for 2 to the Jagex offices.

To enter, you’ll need to realise the required action in-game (in this case, shout “Happy Birthday RuneScape!” in the spot you find to be the most iconic of your journey in Gielinor and take a screenshot of it. Then, you will need to go back in the forum thread announcing the competition and post your screenshot as an answer. And you’re entered!

You can only enter once per person for this competition, excluding the additional entries actions detailed below. Any attempts to enter additional times may result in your expulsion from the competition.

How do I post an image on the forums?

If you're struggling to upload images to the forums, the player Werewolf has posted a really handy and detailed guide on how to do it here.

How can I get additional entries?

You can gain additional entries by completing a set number of actions - detailed in the forum thread announcing the competition. These bonus entries will be added on top of your initial entry.
You can complete all of them.

When is the deadline for entries?

Entries close at 23.59 BST on Thursday January 31st, 2019.

What are the prizes?

We’re giving you the chance to win a 2-day “visit to Jagex offices” package for 2 persons (Winner + friend/family member), which includes:

-
Plane/train tickets to come to Jagex offices in Cambridge, United Kingdom.

-
Hotel accommodation for the nights of the stay.

-
Meals for the duration of the stay.

-
Special activities for the second day in Cambridge, accompanied by a member of staff at Jagex.

Am I allowed to enter?

Competition is open to all players around the globe.
However, if the winner is under 18, they will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Winner and accompanying friend/family member will both need to have the rights to travel and stay for the required time in United Kingdom. Jagex Ltd can’t issue authorisations in this matter.

How will we choose a winner, and how will that winner be contacted?

Our winners will be chosen from a random number generator, when all of the entries are accrued, in the week of February 1st 2019.

The winners will be contacted through their
in-game inbox
(tied to the RSN used to enter the competition). You will have 7 days to claim your prize by replying to the in-game message. If it is not claimed, we reserve ourselves the right to choose another winner.

From there, Jagex will arrange details for your prize with you and take care of any additional request that may accrue as a result of your location – in the limit of its possibilities.

Good luck!

Mod Meadows.
@JagexMeadows
~RuneScape Community Management.
~ Mod Meadows ~ Forum Curator ~ Tweet Me @JagexMeadows ~

04-Jan-2019 11:40:04 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2019 12:27:03 by Mod Meadows

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Meadows said :
- 3 Bonus Entries - Play 10min every day until January 31st (post a reply in this thread to let us know you did)

- 5 Bonus Entries - Play 30min every day until January 31st (post a reply in this thread to let us know you did)

- 10 Bonus Entries - Play 1h every day until January 31st (post a reply in this thread to let us know you did)

- 10 Bonus Entries - Be a Premier Club Member

Wait, what the actual hell? Are we really doing dailyscape and premier club shilling with competitions now? I thought about entering at first, even overlooked those other bonus entries, but this is ridiculous. Why can't you guys do an honest competition?
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

04-Jan-2019 14:04:20

Zamorak Soul
Jul Member 2010

Zamorak Soul

Posts: 620 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the chance at this, Jagex. The play every day bonus entries will be impossible for me, but shared on Twitter and screenshot here too :) Maxed for 2 of the bonus entries - see the skill tab in this screenshot.
Trimmed Completionist on 3/10/17 in memory of my father. Striving for IFB and True Trim.
49/50 Boss Pets | True Trim Forum
Hail Zamorak, Lord of Chaos!

04-Jan-2019 14:39:46

Quick find code: 42-43-869-66072469 Back to Top