Forums

Runefest in USA 2018 Idea.

Quick find code: 42-43-411-65989890

ImaHopebox
Jan Member 2023

ImaHopebox

Posts: 87 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you are a player in the US and you would come to this, would her post a forum saying I would come to see how many people would be interested in coming? We would need to get permission from Jagex to hold any kind of event due to runescape is the property of Jagex. If enough people where to say they are interested it could open the door for volunteers to start planning runefest as well as show jagex the interest in the USA.

I think it would be a cool idea to have a Runefest in the USA that is centrally located. People i'm in contact with think it's a cool idea so I wanted to see if anyone else is interested. I'm a housewife so I would be more then willing to volunteer to help see this process through, to get vendors and set it up so that we could also connect with the UK Runefest while it's going on. We could have a vendor sell terror birds and set up a GE there where vendors can dress like GE bankers. If we started the planning now then it would be very beneficial because the more resources we would all be able to pull together.

19-Feb-2018 04:06:18 - Last edited on 19-Feb-2018 04:35:38 by ImaHopebox

ImaHopebox
Jan Member 2023

ImaHopebox

Posts: 87 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, I think we could also have a king's dinner only with some of the most important npc in Runescape. We could price tickets from basic package, advance package, and advance with campsite.

Volunteer Ticket- basic ticket cost with Advance with campsite benefits.
Early Bird-Reduce tickets for basic, advance and campsite to gain money to reserve a venue.
Basic- ticket in
Advance- dinner with the king, meal a day. (or something like that.
Advance with campsite- allowed camping for x amount of people three tents per site. (try to find an area with trees for Hammockers)

Basic would pay for the general cost of the event.
Advance would pay for the advance cost like the meal.
Advance with campsite would cover advance and campsite areas.

Other ideas: Get a 10 runescape card for wearing a costume of Runescape monsters at the entrance.

19-Feb-2018 04:31:30 - Last edited on 19-Feb-2018 04:46:00 by ImaHopebox

Iceberg
Sep Member 2008

Iceberg

Posts: 20,587 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It would definitely be cool to see RuneFest expand to other areas of the world or a similar event. I imagine the cost though would be astronomically high due to having to port JMods over the seas, though.

I can't imagine we'll see one in the next few years but beyond that, providing that RuneScape grows further, we may just get to see one happen :)
… .
_|¯¯¯|_

… …
( '
v
' )
.……
I
C
E
B
E