Forums

How to cancel renewal?

Quick find code: 410-411-87-66268353

LxJ
May Member 2021

LxJ

Posts: 39 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I want to still be member, but I just don't want it auto renewing next year. How do I do that? I did go to manage account and it says there cancel membership, but didn't want to click it because I don't want it to cancel my current membership, just cancel it from auto renewing next year. Thanks.

05-Dec-2022 23:21:37

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,168 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I now get premier every year so, on the 16th Jan I cancelled my auto monthly renewal using that button....At least I hope I have because 17 hours later, when I checked, it still showed as being active. I cancelled again. How long does it normally take to go through?

18-Jan-2024 09:50:06 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2024 09:51:51 by Megycal

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Megycal
, are you on Premier Membership right now?
If so, you shouldn't have an auto monthly subscription in the background. The Premier would have cancelled it out.

You can check if you have a subscription running by clicking on the 'My Account' button at the top of this page. If you can still see a 'Manage Your Subscriptions' button at the lower right, you still have a subscription running.

If you can still see the 'Manage Your Subscriptions' button, click on it then click on the 'Manage by Account' button on the next screen.
The following screen will tell you exactly what type of membership subscription you have currently.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

18-Jan-2024 10:43:42

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Yes I'm a premier member. On the check subscription page it says that you don't need to cancel a monthly auto renew because it is paused while the other membership is running. Also, due to some game cards I redeemed several years ago to get the gifts, I have a rebill date, if I remember correctly, of the 24th March 2025.
I plan to check the membership status again after a day or so.

18-Jan-2024 15:14:46 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2024 15:15:43 by Megycal

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

The paused monthly renewal is still showing as being active, the next billing date is the 30th March 2025. Its 4 days since I first used the cancel button on the 16th January. Did I mess up by trying to cancel again on the 17th January?

20-Jan-2024 18:10:34 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2024 21:59:20 by Megycal

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Did you mess up by trying the cancel button again?
No, I don't believe so.

The only possible explanation I can see is that you had a great deal of advance membership on your account and you only gained Premier after buying the 'add-on package'.
It is a requirement to have an active recurring monthly subscription to buy the add-on package.
If you have an add-on package, you can't cancel the monthly subscription.
Forum Community Helper -

21-Jan-2024 13:08:13

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

I did not buy an add on package. I bought gold premier the first year it came out and have bought it every year since then. That its now called annual membership should not make a difference'
Edit to add: if buying annual membership is now an add-on package and people cannot cancel monthly renewal then that is
very
sneaky and I don't like it one little bit! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

21-Jan-2024 16:03:12 - Last edited on 21-Jan-2024 16:08:46 by Megycal

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Megycal said :
That its now called annual membership should not make a difference
Well, it does make a difference in one way.
You can't have two subscriptions. If you buy one, it auto-cancels the other.

When Premier Club was a standalone year-at-a-time purchase, it was possible to have a background subscription on pause.

In May 2022 when Premier Club was removed and Premier Membersip replaced it, Premier Membership became a renewing subscription.
The minute the player signed up for the renewing Premier Membership, it cancelled any previous subscription they had. Megycal said :
if buying annual membership is now an add-on package and people cannot cancel monthly renewal then that is
very
sneaky and I don't like it one little bit! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
They are not the same.
Premier Membership and the 'add-on' bundles are not the same.
Buying an add-on bundle does not add membership time, it only adds the perks of Premier.
Information page about the whole thing: Premier Membership

If you want to message Jagex Billing Support and question directly why you can't cancel your monthly sub, use the 'Request a refund from Jagex' hyperlink on the Refunds support page.
While getting a refund isn't exactly your topic, that page is the right contact point if you want to ask about your account subscriptions.
Forum Community Helper -

21-Jan-2024 22:55:50

Quick find code: 410-411-87-66268353 Back to Top