Forums

why cant i buy more membership

Quick find code: 410-411-387-66183522

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

Posts: 6,957 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i originally bought a month membership it runs out in 10 days according to my mange account page

yesterday i saw my forum picture was a non member picture so i went and bought a bond and got 14 days using it for membership

but today i decided to go buy more months of membership ( aka extend my current membership) but it wont let me buy or extend my membership does not even take me to the page that shows pricing,,

what the heck is going on? why would i have to wait for my current membership to end in order to buy more months?

why cant i just buy a longer membership now?

08-Oct-2020 18:17:07

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

edited... because i went to that forum site and i cant find any thing that shows any thing like what i am talking about so i went to support page and
no classification says any thing even like what i am describing

it says right on the buy membership page that ""You are not eligible for any items in this category"

08-Oct-2020 18:27:20 - Last edited on 08-Oct-2020 18:38:35 by mr togue

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey there,

What
Megycal
was saying is to try posting this question in the Community Led Payment Support forum. As you've already posted this, I'd just post on Forum Help and request this to be moved.

The players and Community Helpers in those forums sections are very good and knowledgeable about these sorts of issues.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

08-Oct-2020 18:48:59

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,537 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
when i go to the membership page it does not show me a price but it has a bar that says this

"You are not eligible for any items in this category'
Hi mr togue.

I've moved your thread over to the Community Led Payment Support forum, where it will be easier to get you the advice you need.

Did you buy the original one month's membership on the Runescape website, or via the Apple Game Center, or Google Play Store?
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

08-Oct-2020 19:13:38

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

i used my google rewards but yesterday i used a bond to get 14 days because my forum picture was not correct and i thought the membership had run out.. but according to the account management page my membership runs out in 10 days ( which i assume is the google play membership)

which means i have 2 problems,,

1.... i did not get credit for the bond
2..... i can not buy a months membership using my credit card

08-Oct-2020 21:45:59 - Last edited on 08-Oct-2020 21:46:22 by mr togue

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,030 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
mr togue

Problem 1: Not getting credit for the Bond:
The Bond membership won't be added until the Google Play membership is finished.
The Common Mobile Payment Issues page says
"It's not possible to apply additional membership to your account or other accounts while you have an active subscription purchased through Google Play / Apple."

Sit tight and the Bond membership days will be added in due course.

Problem 2: Cannot buy a months membership using credit card
There are two payment systems - payments via pc and payments via mobile (Google Play or Apple Pay).
The two payment systems are not compatible with each other - you use one or the other but you cannot swap from one to the other while membership is active.

When you get the error message "You are not eligible for any items in this category" it means you are trying to swap across from one payment system to the other.
The only way you can swap is if you allow your membership to fully expire and your account return to F2p.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

09-Oct-2020 00:58:57 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2020 01:07:40 by Malua

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

first thats a little scary thinking you ( jax ) is tracking payment back to my personal devices instead of just doing business and just accepting payments

second strange that you have not put this crucial information on the help site in one of the common issue categories . seriously you answered every thing in one short paragraph.... would it not be prudent to have this under common payment issues? i can not be the first to have this problem

3rd if that is the case about being forced to letting the membership expire .. then why did my forum picture revert to a non membership condition in the first place...

if it had not done that i would not have bought the bond,,,, i would not have tried to extend my membership at this time using credit card,,, i would not have wasted other peoples time posting on the forum,,

seriously a whole lot of trouble if ... A) fix the copiability issues between phone and other devices,, and B) add the issue to the front page of the payment help pages

could have been avoided

i and i think most people would never have known to look in the mobile section of the help pages,,,

just put it in the common payment issue page instead of mobile payment issues page,,,

seriously how many people would connect the dots thinking its the phone payment thats the issue

09-Oct-2020 11:58:49 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2020 12:19:14 by mr togue

Quick find code: 410-411-387-66183522 Back to Top