Forums

When is interface fix?

Quick find code: 409-410-972-66284395

Dadak0
Jun Member 2009

Dadak0

Posts: 104 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When is the interface with the vertical and horizontal lines going to be fixed?

This is not a graphic update issue as I did not do any graphic updates. So your tread of Nvidia is at fault is a poor excuse.

This resulted from the Jagex update last week.

When is it going to be fixed?

29-Jul-2023 23:40:43

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,183 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadak0 said :

When is it going to be fixed?

Maybe as soon as you try the fix on suggested on this thread:

409-410-816-66284157

If not, then perhaps you need to wait for Intel and Nvidia to sort things out:

"The issue is related to a possible driver issue on Intel + Nvidia Laptops with Graphical Switching Technology.

It is related to Nvidia anisotropic filtering."

30-Jul-2023 17:45:35

Dadak0
Jun Member 2009

Dadak0

Posts: 104 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why would I wait for Intel and NVidia to sort things out.

Dilbert, you don't seem to understand that if I and others didn't update any drivers on our laptop, and the game worked before the update, the issue has nothing to do with the drivers, but the update. The developers made a change to game, hence an update, and while I may be incorrect, I don't think people working at Intel or Nvidia made changes to Runescape code.

But I may be wrong.

30-Jul-2023 21:42:50 - Last edited on 30-Jul-2023 21:43:12 by Dadak0

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

Posts: 127 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadak0 said :
Why would I wait for Intel and NVidia to sort things out.

Dilbert, you don't seem to understand that if I and others didn't update any drivers on our laptop, and the game worked before the update, the issue has nothing to do with the drivers, but the update. The developers made a change to game, hence an update, and while I may be incorrect, I don't think people working at Intel or Nvidia made changes to Runescape code.

But I may be wrong.

If you're forcing graphical settings from the GPU control panel, stop it. You can waste time arguing why it shouldn't be like that, but you aren't going to win or fix a decades-old problem, and you're going to be waiting forever for Jagex to "fix" this considering whatever they did was probably already a fix for improper behavior. Jagex didn't go out of their way to put lines on the interface to harass people forcing AF through the GPU control panel lol

Just set AF from NV/AMD/Intel/etc control panel to application specified, and change the AF setting in-game like it should be done. There is zero benefit to forcing it GPU-side for any RS game client.

31-Jul-2023 13:12:07 - Last edited on 31-Jul-2023 13:23:31 by Espionage724

Quick find code: 409-410-972-66284395 Back to Top