Forums

Connection lost every 5-10 min

Quick find code: 409-410-968-66258432

Mr Wilter
Jul Member 2023

Mr Wilter

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since I hopped back on this week I have been experiencing this issue (losing connection for 5 seconds but not getting logged out) which I have never had this happen. I have flushed my dns and tried other command prompt functions. It is not my PC and have 400mbs so just wondering what could cause this and if anyone else is having a similar issue.

23-Jul-2022 17:42:51

Mr Wilter
Jul Member 2023

Mr Wilter

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Col Log I have tried my mac and the issue does not seem to be present. I have a very nice gaming PC so was hoping the issue might not be it. I am going to try a wifi adapter and test it. If the problem is gone maybe it could be a mother board port issue. I also have tried other ethernet cables and different ports on the router (and ofc have reset it). Thanks everyone for the responses!

25-Jul-2022 00:05:03

Shermanator
Mar Member 2021

Shermanator

Posts: 57 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My connection is lost every 5-10 min as well, sometimes 1-2 minutes...

I am hardwired in with 300mps and its definitely not my internet. I ran a continuous check and the internet is fine. with 2 accounts logged in, both lose connectivity at the same time, however THIS one logs out.

This is extremely frustrating when you need 10 minutes to do a GOTR game, and it logs you at 80%

Will I ever get to actually play this game??

29-Jul-2022 00:22:48

Musse
Dec Member 2016

Musse

Posts: 631 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have had very similar issue for couple of weeks now.

Also if I'm logged in with 2 accounts only one gets logged out at a time but issue persists on both accounts..

10-Aug-2022 11:17:27 - Last edited on 10-Aug-2022 11:20:54 by Musse

Avoricofgol
Jan Member 2010

Avoricofgol

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Has anyone solved this yet? I got a corrupted heap error and have cleared that and my cache. I've cleared and reloaded the client, and I am in the DCed Hell as well. And I'm playing on an ASUS laptop with a shared WiFi connection, but I can't find any correlations, other than when I have been doing something of several seconds, for example, fletching an inventory of logs, and move or make a change, it loses connection (rarely auto-reconnects.) If the only solution is starting over, someone please post instructions, Windows 10, for removing all traces of the game for a fresh start, including from Bing and Chrome. I've tried, but I might be missing something. Btw, two different security programs say my computer is free of malware. Avoric of Gol, proud to be a The Roman Empire Roman

10-Aug-2022 16:53:14

Quick find code: 409-410-968-66258432 Back to Top