Forums

Launcher Password Thread is locked

Quick find code: 409-410-867-66281414

Sturdy Girl
Jan Member 2005

Sturdy Girl

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm trying to set up launcher and it is asking for an email and password. As is an old account it does not use email, if I try the email address I think Jagex might have it asks me for a password, none of my passwords work.

I know that the launcher is not account specific, so how do I know which email and which password is required?

07-Jun-2023 09:56:05

Glarbex
Jun Member 2010

Glarbex

Posts: 161 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have you tried simply entering your username as the 'email address' even though it isn't one?
Or is there a "log in with username" option to click?

If it is not as simple as this then I am not sure what the way to do this is while keeping a traditional account, but if you are willing to set up a Jagex Account (note that this is the new thing that they are pushing, not the Runescape account that you have had for years), I think you just need to log in to the Runescape account settings page on the Runescape website, click the "Upgrade" button and then use whatever email address you like - it doesn't need to already be associated with your Runescape account.
See the news post "Jagex Accounts - Open Beta Begins!" for more information - I think you'll now need to click "Show more" on the news page to find it.

07-Jun-2023 13:06:08

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,800 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is a login with username option at the bottom of email omnibox and social logins. That'll load the old RS login portal.

Though it is worth looking into the Jagex Accounts, so much better system and eventually going to be required for all RuneScape accounts to migrate to the new system sometime in the next year.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

07-Jun-2023 14:09:40

Quick find code: 409-410-867-66281414 Back to Top