Forums

Jagex Launcher Issue with Mac

Quick find code: 409-410-74-66283635

Homies Stunt
Jul Member 2023

Homies Stunt

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My jagex launcher crashes immediately when launching OSRS on runescape or runelite client.
Is there a known fix for this on Mac?
Tried a reinstall and a repair and get the same result.

Error Code :P rocess returned unknown error code

Specs Mac OS
OSX 13.4.1 (c)
Mac M1 Processor

16-Jul-2023 21:58:49

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,800 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If it's what I'm thinking, you'll have to rollback the java on your computer. This started popping up back in October of last year. The issue is with the client itself, not the launcher. The launcher doesn't know what's going on, since the error is in a different program, so it returns unknown error.

Though before proceeding, is it also not launching either of the OS clients? Or is it loading and also crashing.

If it isn't loading them either and just crashing, then the below would apply.

YtHaar-Mej said :

jre-8u331 is a safe one to rollback to (my laptop is still running this one and hasnt been given the 351 build yet), just a couple updates back and use temporarily until a future patch fixes the problem (either java messed something up, or jagex will have to recompile the app with changes to make it load again).

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/javase8u211-later-archive-downloads.html

Luckily this seems to be a temporary thing. From recent posts, the new c++ client should be released, and we wont have to worry about java anymore after that. Hopefully it gets here soon.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

16-Jul-2023 22:05:38 - Last edited on 16-Jul-2023 22:06:36 by YtHaar-Mej

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,800 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
the new C++ client is finally out

After the launcher updates, it will be available to download, and see if it loads.

Unlike the other 2, this one will put it in a spot it can access, and should *hopefully* work.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

20-Jul-2023 15:52:12

Quick find code: 409-410-74-66283635 Back to Top