Forums

Getting disconnected Thread is locked

Quick find code: 409-410-652-66228923

Prokofiev
Apr Member 2013

Prokofiev

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm constantly getting disconnected every 10-20s, resulting in ribbons disappearing and not allowing me to access friends list, friends chat, summoned familiar etc. My wifi connection is fine, allowing me to browse the web without much lag/delay. I have tried to flush dns as well as winsock reset. Firewall has allowed runescape to be running. I even tried hopping worlds but disconnections still occur. Still, there are no changes. My ISP has checked my connection and said that my wifi network is doing ok. Asked me to check with Jagex whether their servers are the ones affecting the connection. Please let me know how I can resolve this disconnection issue.
Thou must do as thou must, no matter what. Thine actions bring balance to this world. May Guthix bring you balance.

14-Sep-2021 03:57:56

Petal 7
Sep Member 2018

Petal 7

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Having same problem since 23.09.2021.
Game worked perfectly fine around 5 - 6 am game time.
Game loaded as usual and logged me in around 1 pm game time. Then the problem started.
Screen froze, ribbons went awol, game disconnected repeatedly.

Done the usual of clearing cache (ipconfig as well as deletejs5caches on developer console); cleared cache folder and reloaded game; deleted game and downloaded fresh version of client; checked windows updates and firewall settings .....

Inbetween I rebooted router and shut down/rebooted computer each time .... time consuming and annoying, but trying to make sure ....

No difference. Gave up around 6pm game time and tried again this morning - no change. Game still disconnects constantly.

Same as for the player above, my internet works fine for everything else and Graphic card has latest update as well (as per manufacturers site and windows check) and works as usual with other applications.

What else can I try?

Seem to be okay again for last 10 mins (09:30 game time) ... lets see how long

25-Sep-2021 09:01:44 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2021 10:33:43 by Petal 7

2 L T
Jan Member 2019

2 L T

Posts: 112 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Having the same issue... 02 Nov 2021
Updated my system, graphic cards up to date, restarted pc like 4 times, deleted cache, re-installed client etc... Literally did everything.
My connection is working great with other stuff the only problem is RS.
(This suddenly happened a few hrs ago and is still going on)

02-Nov-2021 17:34:06

Ms Wand3r
Jun Member 2020

Ms Wand3r

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, I also am having difficulties hoping world to world, get booted right out the game have to re-login, any answers as to why yet? Thank you! :D :D Hello out there :D Back after few years away looking for good friendly clan, feels good to be back, Have fun out there and remember to be kind .
God Bless you :D

27-Oct-2022 19:49:52

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,614 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thread locked to prevent any more gravebumping.

@ v Supreme - You can test a potential post by using "preview" instead of "post" so that you are not spamming by bumping up a two year old thread.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

12-Aug-2023 15:42:40 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2023 15:45:55 by Tren

Quick find code: 409-410-652-66228923 Back to Top