Forums

Constant client crashes (AMD)

Quick find code: 409-410-596-66272380

The Iceman41

The Iceman41

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Been trying to play runescape, but I'm having WAY too many client crashes, doesn't matter if it's with one monitor hooked up, or two, if I'm tabbed in or tabbed out... Happens completely randomly, happened just now and NOW... When I click the launcher the bar loads wuick and it shuts without even reaching the login screen... I'm SO frustrated with this... ruining my game experience, eternally frustrating, cause me many deaths at bosses.... I've tried reinstalling the client, adjusting computer settings and nothing has helped teven a bit...

Specs of computer are.

CPU: AMD FX 350 Vishera
GPU: RX 560 Aero OC
12GB of DDR2 Ram (Corsair)
64 bit windows 10 Pro

Not positive which client version i am using specifically... but the troubleshooting is only going to windows 8, even though i re-downloaded and cleared my cache just now trying to fix and it still shuts down when i try loading...

DESPERATE for help... hoping someone here has experienced my pain and can help, because this is the WORST...

17-Jan-2023 20:55:56

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,969 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I will try to help you. My guess is that your graphics card has been outdated meaning that software/hardware support might run short and the settings you used to play RuneScape with are causing issues asking too much of your hardware.

To tackle your problem, see if you are able to find the latest of driver support and update your drivers.
Second bring your graphics settings in RuneScape back to 'minimum' as that should always help you to start up RuneScape without issues.
From there you have to find out how far you are able to change RuneScape's graphic settings before you end up in troubles. That will be the highest possible set-up in graphics.

17-Jan-2023 22:06:13

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Going along with what 2_Tron said. If you have updated your drivers and found that this issue was happening after the update but not before, then you may have to do what i did and go back to the previous drivers. The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

18-Jan-2023 10:10:41

A Penquin
Mar Member 2022

A Penquin

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi!

I have the same issue since april.

I have all my specs up to date running ultra setting on 144hz even on 165hz 3440x1440p.

My VGA is RX6800 16GB maybe a bit overkill but still getting the random shuts without any error message.

First thought it was maybe cuz of chrome opened in background. But wasn't.

Cleared cache updated driver. Also update all my other hardware drivers basicaly reinstalled my whole setup. The error stayed.

I can't do clueing, can't do quests, can't grind afk bankstanding, can't do pvm or any activites without these random shut downs.

It kills the whole gaming excperience for me.

Please help me!

PS.: update: i've reinstalled the OS too but still failing. Tried older driver too from january.

12-Jun-2023 20:49:49

Caden Gard

Caden Gard

Posts: 1,145 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Spent a year away from RS, skipped right past upgrading drivers, spent 2 days playing with very few hassles, and then... I went and upgraded my AMD drivers, and it's been pure crap ever since. I can't even figure out how to get back to good, and Jagex will take forever to get anywhere near playable performance. [Graphics] Drivers Wanted.

11-Jul-2023 02:12:36 - Last edited on 11-Jul-2023 02:14:08 by Caden Gard

Caden Gard

Caden Gard

Posts: 1,145 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Downgraded to 21.5, and things are much better! Excellent tip! I may upgrade to 22.5.1 later. Thanks again. Google "AMD 22.5.1" and opt for "Factory Reset" in the line below the driver description. [Graphics] Drivers Wanted.

11-Jul-2023 02:56:31

Quick find code: 409-410-596-66272380 Back to Top