Forums

"Best" laptop for smooth play?

Quick find code: 409-410-524-66265381

Blasphemite
Aug Member 2008

Blasphemite

Posts: 12,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Last year on Black Friday I bought an... eh... HP Pavilion All-In-One. It's not a gaming PC, but I didn't think the graphics demands of RuneScape could possibly be burdensome to a brand new computer.

I'm assuming that this computer was sold to me because Cryptocurrency was booming and starving the market of GPUs, along with the supply chain issues that were happening at the time.

Turns out I basically had to run the game at minimum graphics settings on this brand new computer from the moment I unpacked it. The only exceptions are frame rate, which I have at 60/15, and draw distance, which is of course set to ultra.

I'm unable to even update the graphics drivers. Or more precisely, I do update them, but the update reverts itself when the computer restarts. When I log into RS3, I'm told at the load up screen that my drivers are nearly 600 days old, which means the computer was already nearly a year old when I bought it "brand new."

tl;dr, I am requesting suggestions for a new gaming laptop that I can get at a reasonable price that can run RS3 at max graphics without any issues.
For stardust thou art , and unto stardust shalt thou return.

28-Oct-2022 07:13:11

Nov Member 2017

Posts: 15,823 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, Now I cant recommend the "Best", but I used to use a laptop and I had an Acer Nitro 5. It worked well and never had issues was under $1000 as well. Since I switched to a desktop I no longer can use a laptop for gaming( Would not recommend it either). I still have my Nitro 5 and use it when I travel though. I personally only would purchase a laptop if you travel alot or do not have space for a desktop. 19 Year RS Veteran|OSRS Player
@RSN_97
Support Centre | Forum Help

28-Oct-2022 07:20:36 - Last edited on 28-Oct-2022 07:22:58 by 97

Quick find code: 409-410-524-66265381 Back to Top