Forums

Linux NXT client and pipewire

Quick find code: 409-410-514-66216866

wwwShadow7
Feb Member 2013

wwwShadow7

Posts: 156 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just let it default to whatever it defaults to hw:0,0 most of the time. What I do is have snd-aloop be index=0 aka hw:0,0, and use alsaloop to route audio to my pulseaudio server on another computer. Without that the sound comes out the laptop, way over there, or the monitor that doesn't get all that loud. If at all.

$ less /etc/modprobe.d/alsa_custom.conf
options snd-aloop index=0

$ less /etc/modules
snd-aloop

$ nano $HOME/.config/pulse/client.conf
default-server = 192.168.1.1

Whatever the IP for your server is, could be localhost (127.0.0.1). And run alsaloop to route the loopback audio device (it's output is its input) to pulse.

$ while true; do alsaloop -C hw:Loopback,1,0 -P pulse -t 50000; sleep 1; done

I do occassionally get that crackly audio. Closing out and restarting clears it most of the time. It can start mid-game if you have a resource burp, slow network? game lagg? Start alsaloop after you start the game. And it'll crash on resource laggs, hence the while forever loop around it. Control plus C a couple times to stop it.

My pulseaudio server runs a nad 40W x2 amp attached to a focusrite 2i2 with minnie maggie speakers. It's a networked server on a RPi 4B 4GB. Pulse over jackdbus with a calf 30 band eq plugin. It boosts the highs to compensate for my aging ears. And burdens another dedicated computer with all that overhead.

18-Jan-2022 01:32:16

Quick find code: 409-410-514-66216866 Back to Top