Forums

game still crashing Thread is locked

Quick find code: 409-410-485-66291886

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I uninstalled everything related to Jagex, i.e. the Jagex Launcher and the RuneScape Launcher; then downloaded and installed the Jagex Launcher. (Could not find the "RuneScape Launcher" to download.)

I can pull up the Jagex Launcher and it does have all my account characters on it; so I can choose any of them. But the same thing occurs, i.e. I can get into the lobby and can even get into the game; but the first click (or no click at all) and the game crashes. I have no idea how to fix this. And paying for a game I cannot play really hurts, especially here around Christmas. :(
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

15-Dec-2023 04:04:19

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jodie, I cannot say this will work for you but i had to go reinstall the driver for my video card.
I had to go back to the one before the last one to get it to work for me.

I was crashing like crazy too.

so i hope i made this clear. i had to reinstall the graphic card driver but not the last one but the one previous to the last one.

if that doesnt help, well i dont know what to say.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

15-Dec-2023 04:49:41

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the information. So far the re-installation has worked....until just recently and I am now recognizing it is only crashing when I'm in the Invention Guild. Hard to work with perks without using that guild. :(
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

17-Dec-2023 23:58:54

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,614 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Closed as a duplicate. If you are still in need of assistance, please continue to use your original thread .

When you are seeking assistance with an issue, it is best that you stick with a single thread. That way all of the information that you have previously provided, and the suggested solutions, are in one place.

With multiple threads, it’s harder to see the whole picture of what happened and what you’ve already tried, and you are more likely to get duplicate advice, which can lead to additional frustrations.

Plus, keeping it all one thread makes it easier to figure out which thread to use and you’ll only need to check one place for additional replies. :)
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

18-Dec-2023 04:33:27

Quick find code: 409-410-485-66291886 Back to Top