Forums

RS Client has stopped working

Quick find code: 409-410-363-66268626

Gwtwpups
Sep Member 2007

Gwtwpups

Posts: 256 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but it's happening a lot to me. I'll be playing RS and suddenly the game freezes and my cursor starts jumping around and i get a message box that says that the Runescape Client has stopped working. Takes a bit to get it to actually close Runescape, but then there is a box that says Error (255) The extended attributes are inconsistent (255). Does anyone know what this means or how to fix this? This does not happen when I am on anything else online so it must be related to Runescape. It is disrupting my play and I am starting to get very annoyed. Any suggestions would be helpful

09-Dec-2022 21:13:01

wwwShadow7
Feb Member 2013

wwwShadow7

Posts: 156 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My client isn't working ATM. But seems to work on non-weekends just fine. Super long load time, then a message.

There was an error loading the game configuration from the website.
If you have a firewall, check that this program is allowed to access the internet. (7, 28)

It happened last weekend too (or the one prior) and stayed offline 12+ hours. Missing daily challenges because jagex servers are offline or something not on my end.

10-Dec-2022 14:37:56

Ruby_Red0
Jun Member 2022

Ruby_Red0

Posts: 188 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im getting the same as you, wwwShadow7.

Its the same message I get when they are doing Maintenance - usually on a weekday.

I was looking for news of some Unscheduled Maintenance.

It would be nice if someone could let us know what's going on, or if its something we need to personally attend to.
New(ish) Player
:
This is YOUR world, and I'm just a squirrel tryin' to get a nut.
;)
RS3: The game where RWTers are more important than Real Live Players

10-Dec-2022 15:03:37

Quick find code: 409-410-363-66268626 Back to Top