Forums

Jagex Launcher help!

Quick find code: 409-410-159-66280631

Irishswan
Aug Member 2008

Irishswan

Posts: 166 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have install the Jagex launcher then decided I don't want to use so I went back to the runescape launcher, short story here. I have uninstalled launch but re-install due to wanting a confirmation code to my email address. Apparently someone is sleeping no code. I can log into website and runescape launcher put me in a non-member world. Help plz what should I do?

26-May-2023 03:55:23

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,537 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Irishswan.

Did you create a Jagex Account, and imported your Runescape account into that, or did you just install the Jagex Launcher, and log in to that with your Runescape account?

The Jagex Launcher is not the same as a Jagex Account.

Jagex Accounts FAQ
Jagex Launcher FAQ
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

26-May-2023 16:09:28

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,800 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, can we get a little more detail on each part.

So first one, you uninstalled the launcher b/c it asked for an email confirmation code? How did this get prompted? The only time the launcher would want an email code is if you logged into a Jagex Account and said to receive the 2FA code through your email instead of a code generator app.

Second, If you can log into the website, you can log into the launcher. They are the exact same login portal (the launcher has a built in web browser, so they are the same thing).

Third, If you can sign into the RS client, you dont have a Jagex Account. So the email confirmation would not happen as that account is not set up for it. You wouldnt even be able to log in through that client, only through the new launcher.

Lastly, the f2p world thing. If you deleted the client and then reinstalled it, it would have lost all preferences from the previous install. First launch, it defaults to a random f2p world to best work with all players. That or the last login through the client was on a f2p account.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

26-May-2023 16:13:37

Quick find code: 409-410-159-66280631 Back to Top