Forums

Cant login after PW Reset?

Quick find code: 408-409-902-66288583

Bad Mouther

Bad Mouther

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all,

First time posting but would love any advice from anyone!

I took a 2 month break due to vacation and time away from home. Just went to log in again and am unable to gain access to my account. I was able to get on this site with my account and gain access to my settings. I decided that maybe I should reset my password so I did so and created a new password.

Even with this new password, when I attempt to login on the RS3 Launcher login page, I keep getting this error message:

"Invalid username or password.

For accounts created after the 24th of November 2010, please use your email address to login. Otherwise please login with your username.

You may need to use the Jagex Launcher to continue playing. Download from ......"

I have tried using both my email and the username and neither of them work. I have tried to download the Jagex Launcher but each time I try to download it I get an error message preventing me from installing saying:

"Failed to contact the alias service. Read operation. Unable to connect."

What should I do here? I know I'm using the correct email and password as I have access to "My Account" and the settings as well as a freshly reset password. How are these incorrect??? I have 2FA active so I am confident my account was not stolen but just doesn't make sense to me how I can access my settings (which includes manage subscription options so I have access to my card) and not access to the game to play.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you all!
Bad Mouther

11-Oct-2023 14:43:42

Bad Mouther

Bad Mouther

Update:

I am able to login to RS3 Mobile on my phone with the login credentials but still unable to login on my PC. When I attempt to login on PC I get the following error message:

"Invalid username or password.

For accounts created after the 24th of November2010, please use your email address to login. Otherwise please login with your username.

You may need to use the Jagex Launcher to continue playing.

Download from https://www.jagex.com/launcher"

Then when I attempt to download the new Jagex Launcher, the download never actually starts, just spinning circle of death no matter how many times I attempt to redownload the Launcher:

"Failed to contact the alias service. Read operation. Unable to connect."

So how am I supposed to get the Launcher when I am unable to download it?

Like I said, my login credentials work on mobile but not on the PC so why would this be the case?
Bad Mouther

12-Oct-2023 16:49:06

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is possible that your phone is "locked" to the account. This will work fine until the day you want to log into another account from the phone :P

I think you should request a list of logins associated with your email, to check that the login has not been changed. Because Jagex have introduced the 'Jagex Account' upgrade, it is possible to change a login.
Use the 'Email Reminder' button on the Forgotten login support page.
You should receive a reply quite quickly however if your account has been upgraded to a Jagex Account , your account won't be listed and, if the account is the only one you have, you won't get an email at all.

Do you remember upgrading your account into a Jagex Account before your 2 month break?
Do you remember downloading the Jagex Launcher before your break?
You should check your PC to see if the Launcher is already installed.
It is possible to have the Launcher but not have a Jagex Account, however it isn't possible to have a Jagex Account and not be using the Launcher.

Post back and let us know how you are going.
There is a slight possibility that a hijacker has found their way into your account and this is causing the problems.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

13-Oct-2023 03:02:32 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2023 04:50:20 by Malua

Bad Mouther

Bad Mouther

I believe I my have attempted to upgrade to a Jagex Account before the break. I have checked the PC several times and do NOT have the Jagex Launcher installed (I have been having the same "Failed to connect to the alias service" Error message since my first download attempt.

When I used the Email Reminder button, I did not receive an Email but I do believe this is my only account.

From what you've told me, it sounds like I upgraded to the Jagex account and am unable to download the Jagex launcher which may be causing this issue. Do you have any idea what could be causing the repeated failed downloads of the new Jagex Launcher? I still am attempting to use the original Launcher since I get the error message every time I try to download the new Launcher.

Also, I used to use the apple 3rd party option to login on the phone. Since that no longer works, I am able to sign in on the phone using the email and password like normal. I only have issues on the PC still.

(when I took the break that included not logging in on my phone for an extended period. That's when the 3rd party login was removed but I can still login using my normal credentials)
Bad Mouther

14-Oct-2023 03:45:23

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Bad Mouther.
Original message details are unavailable.
I believe I my have attempted to upgrade to a Jagex Account before the break.
See this support page:
https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/articles/12423096201873-Jagex-Accounts-FAQ

The "What's the difference between the Jagex Launcher and a Jagex account?" section shows you how to tell the difference between a Jagex Account, and an old style Runescape account (the password page looks different).

Which type of account do you have?
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

14-Oct-2023 13:00:11

Bad Mouther

Bad Mouther

I believe I was able to confirm I have upgraded to a Jagex account. So I am unable to login because I have a Jagex account and can't download the Jagex Launcher?

Again, thank you all for your time. I really appreciate the help to try and figure this out.

Best,
Bad Mouther

14-Oct-2023 16:21:33

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When you log in using your mobile phone, are using WiFi on your home network (same network your PC uses), or are you using mobile data?

If you're using mobile data, that points towards an issue with your home network Internet service provider.

If your phone is using the same Internet connection as your PC, that points towards a set up issue with your PC, firewall maybe, or anti-virus, or VPN if you're using that.
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

14-Oct-2023 21:23:10 - Last edited on 14-Oct-2023 21:24:04 by Asahel Frost

Quick find code: 408-409-902-66288583 Back to Top