Forums

Sentimental toon banned 2006

Quick find code: 408-409-87-66290828

Isheren
Oct Member 2020

Isheren

Posts: 1,490 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Through the years I have attempted to make a plea on social media platforms and every once in a while a plea here on the runescape forums. I once years ago saw a thread for legacy bans to have a second look and missed my opportunity. I checked other threads and this forum seemed the most likely spot for a request like mine. Truthfully as nearly 2 decades have passed I do not expect a positive outcome however a reply from a jagex employee would finally put my hopes to rest.

2006 I had a toon banned by the name of korn693428. I am not here to claim innocence anymore that ship sailed. The toon itself holds no wealth and I've since become a much older and wiser and have continued to max my new toon (OP) with each new skill released. The toon in question was my first toon. Made in my childhood. It holds sentimental value that's all. Can I please have this ban looked into and to be blunt forgiven. My new toon and last 18 years of game play speak for my in game character as a helpful and kind individual.

I appreciate any time that was spent reading and possibly reviewing my request.

Ish.

23-Nov-2023 07:46:03

Isheren
Oct Member 2020

Isheren

I just read the thread a moderator posted and this particular post fits me but I do not have rhe option to appeal. 2006 appeal still exists. How do I go about ....

My account was banned and an appeal submitted years ago. The appeal was never replied to. Can I submit another appeal now?
Yes, as long as you are not appealing about one of the 'unappealable' offences.
All old appeals (pre 2015) have been deleted and Jagex is allowing owners of accounts that were banned years ago to submit an appeal to get a second appeal chance.

The second chance appeal is what I am asking ...

23-Nov-2023 07:56:49 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2023 07:57:44 by Isheren

Isheren
Oct Member 2020

Isheren

Also again I think I have a strong case if a jmod would look into it.

Order of events.

Mar 2006 banned
2009 appeal GRANTED
Dec 2006 banned

I'm not sure how it worked out but I somehow was rebanned after an appeal was granted 3 years later which was a manual unban just to be manual banned for an offence 3 years prior. Idk typing this made my head hurt.

23-Nov-2023 08:09:25

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Appeal an offence ... at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for the correct information.

Offences can be appealed once,
if your appeal is denied the decision is final

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable, it means that the
Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct
and that the account's user is liable for the activity, so no further appeal is invited.

If you haven't gotten a new chance to appeal than there isn't going to be any anytime soon.

23-Nov-2023 08:20:35

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is not a matter of routine ... it's the only possible ... '
honest answer
' there is.

You have been banned and based upon the offence your account did commit were sentenced with a penalty that matched the offence.
For exmaple ... have you been involved into RWT '
your chances are zero
' as you will never be able to regain said account again.
Is it another type of penalty, the only way to prove your good intentions are, are delivering proof by playing with other accounts, to prove the opposite.

23-Nov-2023 09:33:59

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Isheren

You haven't said what the offence is but, I assume it is an unappealable one as, otherwise the ban would have been removed several years ago when Jagex did a mass unban.
There are some offences that, even in a mass unban, Jagex will not ever remove the ban.

If the ban dates to 2006 and if it was ever going to be unbanned it would have been well and truly unbanned by now. :(
The fact that the ban remains on the account indicates that the account is lost to the game forever.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

23-Nov-2023 10:30:36

Isheren
Oct Member 2020

Isheren

Yeah, I get it. I understand I am not above any of the rules set in place. I guess i was just hoping for a parole review. Thank you guys for the feedback. The type of ban was deemed unappealable however in the order of events it happened like this
2006 banned - 2006 appeal denied - 2009 appeal accepted - 2009 banned for the offence that was manually accepted and lifted from 2006.

I guess i just got no closure on why it was lifted but reapplied without a chance to understand.
anyways this is the most reply I've recieved since I first started requesting this back in 2016.

to this day i am not even sure how or why i was flagged for the said offence but i will not discuss it or claim guilty or innocent. its all a huge mystery lol.

25-Nov-2023 22:47:59

Quick find code: 408-409-87-66290828 Back to Top