Forums

False banned and appeal denied Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-845-66292433

Mr Backstrap

Mr Backstrap

Posts: 72 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have been playing this game on and off for well over 20+ years. I decided to make a comeback a few days ago in which was the first time I had logged in over 500 days.

I decided to buy a bond to get 14 day membership to see if I would get my mojo back for this game and decided to train my melee skills non stop against sand crabs.

Now I have been temp banned and my appeal denied for bot busting, what a load of nonsense. I have never done such a thing in my entire runescape career. All I did was download the jagex launcher, make an account, link my characters and then download runelite. I have not used any other 3rd party softwares nor did I download any external plug ins for runelite.

Evidence Type: Jagex Moderator Comment
So your telling me a mod tried to interact with me but because he was ignored, they assume I am botting? This is disgraceful. There is upto a 10minute AFK period that you can when fighting sand crabs and then i move manually away and come back to my original spot to make the crabs aggressive again. I even interacted with people during my time when they tried to steal my spot. It's not my fault that I didn't reply to a undercover mod. Moreover, why should I have to even reply to anyone? It's my choice and there are chat settings for a reason. You deny my appeal, have you even looked into my logs? You'll see me logging in and out plenty of times due to inactivity as I missed the 10minute frame. You will be able to see me interacting with other users. You will be able to see that I also logged in from a mobile and was doing the same thing.

I was actually enjoying my comeback and was I wanted to go for the quest cape but now I am not even going to bother playing anymore if this is what they to do a long serving user and customer of the game. You mods in charge of bans should be ashamed of yourselves. I will never play this game again. I am not going to waste my time and energy for something and then get penalized and threatened to get a perm ban

29-Dec-2023 21:26:49

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
'
It's not my fault that I didn't reply to a undercover mod.
'

Assuming this was the case ... if a Jagex Employee/JMod contacted you in-game it is 'impossible' to ignore such messages regardless your settings of the chatsystem. They are always 'visible' and can't be made hidden in any way.

'
I even interacted with people during my time when they tried to steal my spot.
'

RuneScape/OldSchool RuneScape doesn't belong to you. If another player takes place at the very same spot you have to deal with it and share the game with others.

'
Moreover, why should I have to even reply to anyone?
'

It is best to reply to your surroundings regardless if you wanna hold-up a conversation or not. It at least shows that you are present at your computer.

Nobody threatened you, you have gotten a temporary ban to think things over fixing a few issues you have helped to create yourself.

30-Dec-2023 10:06:03

Mr Backstrap

Mr Backstrap

Thank you for your reply.

Well if that is the case with a Jagex Mod and how they interact, then I did not receive any contact from any mod in game as my game window was always up and never minimized. There were times i was not my desk and AFK and would have to log back in due to activity but I would have still seen the pop up box as you said right? Thank you for confirming this is not the reason to why I got temp banned.

I never said Runescape belongs to me? I don't know what you are trying to say here but it is indeed upto me whether I would want to communicate with other users in the game so your statement here makes no sense whatsoever. When I would have to move from my AFK spot to make crabs aggressive again, I would leave the area and come back to find another user in the spot I was. So I asked kindly that I was here first and they all respected that and ended up logging out.. I assume to find a world where that area was free for them allowing them to maximise their training.

No it is not best to reply and communicate with someone to prove I am not a bot? This is not a rule in the guidelines. Detection systems are there for a reason just like any other game. It is not an offence to be present on your computer or not whilst playing this game. If you are no present within a certain time then you auto log out as everyone knows.

I have not fixed a few issues to myself, you statement is 100% false and you seem clueless with all do respect. I once again maintain my innocence and I now for a fact no detection system found any 3rd party software because there aren't any on my desktop or mobile that I used to log in. This was a manual ban from an incompetent mod that deals with these things and once again the mod ban team should be ashamed of themselves for false banning me and pretending to say it was a bot detection. An absolute lie and a load of rubbish.

I am going to send a letter to home office/hq and make a formal complaint asking for a full investigation

30-Dec-2023 12:04:52

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
'
It is not an offence to be present on your computer or not whilst playing this game.
'

As per '
Rules of RuneScape
'

MACROING AND THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE/HARDWARE

People also call this ‘botting.' It means using software or hardware that can help you play the game with the software or hardware doing things for you that you should be doing yourself.
Our games are meant to be played by humans
- if you cheat, you are likely to be banned, even if it is the first time you have broken the rules.

So I asked kindly that I was here first and they all respected that and ended up logging out.. I assume to find a world where that area was free for them allowing them to maximise their training.

There is no '
I was here first ...
' ... we all share the same game/gamespots.

30-Dec-2023 12:23:25

Mr Backstrap

Mr Backstrap

As I said it is not an offence that I was not on my computer because I was not BOTTING using any 3rd party software or hardware that would be assist me in any kind of way. Are you not understanding my previous posts? The rule you mentioned is correct if you cheat but I have never so it is not an offence in my case. If I want to log in and do nothing and stay in 1 spot and repeat log out and log back in, then that is my decision. I can do whatever I want in this game how I want as long as it is legitimate.

I have done everything by myself without any cheats, scripts, bots and have not used any unethical ways to gain an advantage. I have been playing this game for over 20 years and I have never ever compromised my accounts by botting.

I understand there is no 'I was here first' but that is not a bannable offence and furthermore there is always mutual respect with one another. If he didn't want to give my spot back then it's fine, I would go somewhere else or log into another world but there is sometimes respect between each other and they respected that they were in my position and they changed. There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever so please stop trying to make our that we share game spots as I know that already. I am not stupid or a young kid that does not understandable the rules of this game.

Once again there was no reason for my ban and furthermore it was a manual ban not even a detected ban because nothing was detected.

30-Dec-2023 12:44:29

The contents of this message have been hidden

03-Jan-2024 15:42:03

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
my appeal denied

If your appeal was denied, then there is nothing more to be gained by posting about it on the Forums. The Forums may not be used to appeal or protest bans.

For more information on these types of bans, see Macroing & RWT bans [Info]

@TheHarshErik - Your post above has been removed for flaming another poster.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

04-Jan-2024 04:35:26

Quick find code: 408-409-845-66292433 Back to Top