Forums

Hacker - Unappealable Offense

Quick find code: 408-409-812-66291713

Highzaak

Highzaak

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello! After years of taking a break I wanted to check out my old RuneScape account. After going thru the recovery process and recovering all of the necessary information to login, I come to find that I have been banned. I do some more research and contact Jagex support who tells me an unappealable offense has been committed and my only option is to restart with a different account. I understand the rules are there to protect the people and in almost every case these are correctly enforced. But in the world there are always exceptions, and I’m hoping this would fall into that category This is incredibly frustrating as there have been years of time and money poured into my old account and come to find it has been banned from someone and something I am completely unaware of. Is there any advice for steps to take in such a situation? I only wish to play again after years and it would be so disappointing to have to restart for something that I did not commit.

12-Dec-2023 00:33:50

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Highzaak

That is most unfortunate. :(
However the reply you received from Jagex was correct.

Why are you having to lose your account for an offence committed by a hijacker?
Because YOU are held responsible for your account and for the actions of anyone who uses your login information to play the account.
This is covered in the Terms and Conditions clause 6 which you agreed to at the time the account was created (linked at the bottom of this page).

I am sorry.
It is possible to maintain a fully secure account, even though you go inactive.

Check the date of the ban. Were you logged in at that time or were you completely inactive?
If you were completely inactive, it usually indicates an insecurity in your internet use.
e.g. using the same password on more than one website, clicking on a dodgy link etc.
If you were logged in at that time, it usually indicates you having been tricked by social engineering and inadvertently giving away access to your account.

At the start of this year Jagex introduced a new account - the Jagex Account.
The Jagex Account uses a much stronger security protocol than the old RuneScape accounts. It is much more difficult for a hijacker to gain access though it does rely on the player maintaining a secure email.

An unappealable offence means exactly that. Even if you tried in twenty years time, it would still be unappealable. :(
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

12-Dec-2023 01:02:53

Highzaak

Highzaak

Hi there! Thank you for your response. Is there absolutely nothing I can do? The amount of time that would be lost (years) makes it seem so daunting to have to restart. Are there any steps I can do to ensure more security in my account now that technology has advanced in the recent future? I would do anything to be able to play again. I love this game and this account means so much to me!

24-Dec-2023 01:18:21

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Appeal an offence ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for more information.

Offences can be appealed once,
if your appeal is denied the decision is final.

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable,
it means that the Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct
and that the account's user is liable for the activity, so no further appeal is invited.

Taken from the '
Terms & Conditions
' ...

We are under no obligation to actively monitor and/or moderate User Content. We do however undertake very limited monitoring detailed below.

Anti-Cheat Technologies

We may use anti-cheat technologies in relation to the Jagex Products. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies may activate and monitor your game play, the files on your computer associated with the Jagex Product or that otherwise access our servers, and your computer's memory, purely for the purposes of detecting and preventing cheating.

If any of these anti-cheat technologies detect cheating, we may collect relevant information necessary for our investigation and enforcement purposes, including your Account name, details about the unauthorized third party program and the Jagex Product files modification detected, and the time and date it was detected. We also may terminate these Terms, your access to the Jagex Products, and your Jagex Account if we determine you have been cheating.

This is in a nutshell how Jagex/JMods do detect and the consequences it has. Players are responsible for their accounts, even in moments they do not play RuneScape, or any other game for that matter.

24-Dec-2023 09:46:45

The contents of this message have been hidden

24-Dec-2023 23:16:55

Highzaak

Highzaak

My account status is now quashed and allowed me access, but when I logged in all of my items and levels have been reset. My player was in the tutorial looking like I had just started the game. When searching my latest activity on Jagex I can see on September 7, 2012 on 23:31 I leveled up my woodcutting to 94. How does one recover their levels and all items? This is getting confusing.

25-Dec-2023 01:30:45

Quick find code: 408-409-812-66291713 Back to Top