Forums

Google Authenticator failed?

Quick find code: 408-409-750-66293562

Im4evsmart

Im4evsmart

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have sadly been hacked for around 1,2b on osrs.

I have a google authenticator connected to my account.

My login is my rsn from 2008 which I have changed multiple times since then. Not even my close friends know that rsn. I doubt that my phone has been hacked because it has all sorts of protection due to my job.

So I am wondering how people where able to get onto my account and passed the authenticator.

23-Jan-2024 20:37:19

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Im4evsmart

Is your Authenticator still active or has it been disabled?

If it is still active , have you checked the 'Linked Accounts' tab in account management?
Please check the linked accounts tab and unlink any accounts you see linked. Click on 'Manage Steam' to check for a linked Steam account.
If the only linked account is your own, it means you need to review the security of that linked account on its home website as the hijacker has access to it.

If Auth is still active but you find no linked accounts , did you have your Auth set to ask for a code every 30 days or at every login?
If you had it set to ask for a code every 30 days, you should review your computer security as it probably has malware.

If your Auth is disabled , it means your email is insecure. You should change the password to your email right away.

Finally, please work through the instructions on the Security tips support page to thoroughly review your security.
Upgrading your legacy RuneScape account into a Jagex Account would be a good idea.
The Jagex Accounts have a much stronger security protocol than the old legacy RuneScape accounts.
You will be setting a new login and no longer using the old 'username' login but your account will be more secure.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

23-Jan-2024 21:22:37

Quick find code: 408-409-750-66293562 Back to Top