Quick find code: 408-409-748-66292417

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
'
Jagex Accounts Support Centre
'

https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/categories/4403516390801-Jagex-Accounts
... <- (link) being an index for all issues/subjects.

-----------------------

'
Add a RuneScape character to your Jagex Account
'

https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/articles/12270690574993-Add-a-RuneScape-character-to-your-Jagex-Account
... <- (link)

-----------------------

You add 'existing account(s)' (RuneScape character) to your Jagex Account, not to Jagex Launcher. Please do take it a good read before you give it a go.

29-Dec-2023 13:15:11

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I'm trying to connect my exsiting acount to the jagex launcher and it isn't allowing me its acting as if my email doesn't exist.
There are still a lot of issues with how questions are worded but it is understandable and slightly confusing at times.

Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' (
mostly for 'Old' RuneScape accounts
)

^ In case you haven't made it to the
'New' Jagex accounts

29-Dec-2023 13:28:45

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, Wise Yonah.

The Jagex Launcher only works with Jagex Accounts . As of right now, if you have a regular RuneScape account, the Launcher will reject such account due to the fact that, as of November 7th, 2023 , you are only able to use the Jagex Launcher with a Jagex Account . In order to use the Jagex Launcher, you will have to upgrade your RuneScape account to a Jagex Account by following the instructions below:

Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account

https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/16092791073297-Jagex-Accounts

Now, if you do not wish to upgrade to a Jagex Account just yet, you will have to download each client separately:

RuneScape 3 Client

https://oldschool.runescape.com/download?force_test=control [
OSRS Client
]

Eventually, though, Jagex's plan is to have everyone upgrade to a Jagex Account for the best security settings possible. As of right now, we do not know when that will be, but the time will come :) .

29-Dec-2023 16:31:39 - Last edited on 29-Dec-2023 16:32:56 by Mrs Ana

Snuggles83
Jan Member 2006

Snuggles83

Posts: 352 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like a JMod to please answer me this. My friend and I are living in the same household. My account is now linked to her's which in the first place we never asked for or requested.
So basically Jagex is forcing everyone to use Jagex Accounts and just link same IP adresses to the same Jagex Acc? Our e-mail's are different but now we have to use the same Jagex acc, that is not much security! I would like it to be split for security reason's as this could be a disaster at the end. We have both worked hard on our account's, so I would like an answer on how this happend? Can someone please look into this matter?
Thanks

15-Jan-2024 21:32:17

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Snuggles83

How did it happen?
Someone in your house linked their character to their housemates Jagex Account.

Which one of you did this?
You will be able to tell from the login email. Is it your email or your housemates email?
If your character is linked on a Jagex Account that bears your housemates email, it means you upgraded your account to your housemates Jagex Account without realising what you did.
If your character is linked on a Jagex Account that bears your own email, it means your housemate upgraded their account to your Jagex Account without realising.

Can it be fixed?
The person who does not control the email needs to message Jagex.
Use the 'Contact Us' button on the Unable to submit an account recovery support page.

edit: in the future, as you are both playing from the same address, you both need your own separate Launchers. If you are using the same computer it would mean the Launcher gets logged out when one player stops using it then logged in with the other players credentials when the other player wants to play.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

15-Jan-2024 21:48:38 - Last edited on 15-Jan-2024 21:52:55 by Malua

Snuggles83
Jan Member 2006

Snuggles83

We don't know how this happened. Yes we do sometimes play on the same laptop or desktop.
For the Jagex Account login it's on her email. Can this be separated on the Jagex Account so we not linked? And we both have our own Jagex Account? If she go to Unable to submit an account recovery? How do we do this as this is really stressing me out. Neither of us want to loose our account please help?

15-Jan-2024 22:27:03

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You need to use that contact point to message Jagex to get the accounts checked.
The page title 'Unable to submit an account recovery' doesn't sound very appropriate to your issue but it is definitely the right place to start from. ;)

We are all players in here, not JMods. That's why you need to use that message/contact form as a JMod won't see your post here.

Yes, Jagex will be able to separate the accounts though I recommend you create your own Jagex Account before you contact them.
If they are removing one character from a Jagex Account they need to know the name of the other Jagex Account to move the character to. So have your new Jagex Account ready!
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

15-Jan-2024 22:34:58

Snuggles83
Jan Member 2006

Snuggles83

Okay thanks for you help with this but I tried to create my own Jagex Account and it don't take me to settings it keep coming up with the Jagex account I am linked to no settings.

It say : Your personal information and security settings are managed on your Jagex Account.

With no upgrade button to create another Jagex account.

I am lost Jagex already send me an email with a ticket number

So I can't open/create another jagex account at this moment to give them a name

15-Jan-2024 23:48:33 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2024 00:08:13 by Snuggles83

Quick find code: 408-409-748-66292417 Back to Top