Forums

How to recover an old account

Quick find code: 408-409-726-66263051

KamuiKage
Apr Member 2023

KamuiKage

Posts: 1,131 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Its been a few months since ive been here, work got really busy, but still my brother has been trying to get his account back. every suggestion that you have made has still resulted in no luck.
No matter what he does its always the same result with...
1. When was the account created
2. What was the service provider when you created your account
3. The Address of where the account was created

He was tweaked is recovery answers to reflect all the suggestions here and its still always the same result.

Again I bring the same response as before, I can not understand why he is getting rejected on things like internet provider and creation date when he has the bank statements from purchases that he has made from his account. This game has been around for a very long time, how are people supposed to remember in perfect detail answers to questions they answered as a child 10+ years later as an adult?

26-Dec-2022 21:48:02

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,030 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you know you both created your accounts at approx the same time, please would YOU login and talk to Hans in Lumbridge.
Hans will tell you exactly how old your account is and you can calulate the month/year of creation.
Ask your brother to start submitting that same month/year as it should be a close match.

Is your brother still in the country where the account was created?
If he has changed countries, it might explain why he is failing as RuneScape accounts can mostly only be recovered from their home country.

Are his recoveries still taking a while to arrive back or are they arriving back in less than five minutes?
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

27-Dec-2022 00:08:21

KamuiKage
Apr Member 2023

KamuiKage

Posts: 1,131 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been busy with work and have not been able to check this. My brother has still been attempting to get his account back. He actually sent another one in today around 1-2pm and I just talked to him and as of 9pm he still has not received an answer yet. He said every time he submits one they never immediately get rejected.

He always get rejected by
1. Creation date
2. Creation Country or State
3. Moved Country or State
4. Internet service provider

I took your advice by logging into my account and got my creation date and he created his account 1-2 years after mine. So we now have a much better guess then ever before.

For numbers 2 through 4 nothing has ever changed. He still lives in the same country, he still lives in the same state. He has moved but he still lives in the same general location.

As for the internet service provider we did some research and found out what the internet service provider was at the time and it is still getting rejected for that.

10-Apr-2023 02:45:52

Quick find code: 408-409-726-66263051 Back to Top