Forums

Wrongfully banned (again)

Quick find code: 408-409-721-66288420

God Is lvl99
Mar Member 2024

God Is lvl99

Posts: 62 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So many years ago multiple of my accounts were permanently banned for "bot busting" which later they came to the conclusion they made a mistake and 3 of the permanent banned accounts were unbanned weeks later.

Today again i receive a "bot busting" ban on another account and once again i have not used any bot/scripts or other clients than runelite downloaded from the osrs webpage.

It's getting annoying being wrongfully banned, not having used any bots.

04-Oct-2023 21:00:48

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,414 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Appeal denied, can anyone explain to me why jagex bans an account that i haven't used any bots/clients on?

we cant tell you that, we arent jagex.

but if its denied nothing else to be done. but clearly you are doing something to trigger the detection if this is the 3rd time.

in my 20 years playing none of my many accounts have had this issue
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

05-Oct-2023 19:00:28 - Last edited on 05-Oct-2023 19:01:03 by Tenebri

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chain ban perhaps?

If an account receives ill gotten gains off of another account that did in fact cheat. Can get banned along with them.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

05-Oct-2023 19:53:04

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I havent used any third party software, none of which that could lead to a ban.

ERmmm

Today again i receive a "bot busting" ban on another account and once again i have not used any bot/scripts or other clients than runelite downloaded from the osrs webpage.

You may have ticked something in RuneLite.

Jagex just don't ban people for nothing. Especially more then 1 account. You must be doing something wrong to trigger the bans.

Good luck sorting it.

As with ALL 3rd party software including RuneLite it comes with risks.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

06-Oct-2023 14:44:46

God Is lvl99
Mar Member 2024

God Is lvl99

Posts: 62 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been banned once before, years ago, they admitted making a mistake and unbanned all the three accounts. ever since no problems with the plugins used. (only official runelite plugins)

I haven't added anything to the runelite settings. Everything that runelite has are allowed to use?

Can someone confirm if something isn't allowed to use which are on for me:

"Attack styles" (hiding certain styles)
"Fishing"
"Friend notes"
"HiScore"
"Logout timer" (set to 25 minutes)
"Loot tracker"
"Menu entry swapper"
"Music"
"Opponent information"
"Timers"
also there is a "specbar" on the minimap with runelite that i've been using recently (also official runelite plugin)

Garantued haven't used any other plugins within the years i've played. Would like to know which one of the above could posibly trigger the "bot busting"

These are the settings that are on, all of the plugins were already there from installing from the osrs webpage (i assume which all are allowed since jagex have been implenting the plugins?)

06-Oct-2023 20:12:04 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2023 20:22:36 by God Is lvl99

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If your logout timer is set to more than the game's own - i.e. 10 minutes - then you're using automation to avoid a game restriction.

Modifying menu entries is also a problem.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

06-Oct-2023 21:24:43

Quick find code: 408-409-721-66288420 Back to Top