Forums

Big issue with jagex launcher

Quick find code: 408-409-682-66292708

Primal2h
Feb Member 2024

Primal2h

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello.
I've upgraded the account to Jagex launcher and its horrendous. I have a main and a ironman I both enjoy and there on separate accounts and they keep asking me to logging to 2 different emails to get the bloody code.. I'm finding it very difficult to switch between both of my accounts and would like my accounts to be back to normal as soon as possible as I am a paying member on BOTH accounts.

I don't like searching though looking for codes. I know my user and passwords and enjoy punching them in to access this game.

A lot of people must be having this same issue? if anybody has had any luck resolving this please let me know on this post? this is the first time posting on a forum so you can imagine this is a big deal to get this fixed.

Thank you.
Regards Charles

06-Jan-2024 03:09:37

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Primal2h

The way to resolve this is to add Authenticator to your accounts.

Getting the codes via the Auth app removes the problem of having to log into different emails for the code each time. You just open the Auth app on your phone and check for each account.
You will need a separate Auth for each account if your accounts are on different emails.

Here is the support article about Two-step authentification: https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/articles/5395389513745-Two-step-authentication
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

06-Jan-2024 05:22:59

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That is not possible, upgrading to a Jagex Account is a 1 way migration to the new system. Jagex does not allow reverting to the old account system that they are soon to retire.

If both accounts were upgraded separately, then Malua’s solution is the only viable one to avoid having to check the email accounts over and over.

At this point, once migrated to the new system, theres no option to undo or merge accounts.

What should’ve happened is after the first account was migrated, on that page it had the option to import another account, and then sign into the other account and add it. Then you dont have to hop accounts all the time (as thats not how the new account system is designed to be, and why the launcher only supports 1 Jagex Account to be signed into it at a time).
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

08-Jan-2024 00:07:14

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the past two months, the only access to the Jagex Launcher has been via an account upgraded into a Jagex Account.
If you have moved into using the Launcher and a Jagex Account it cannot be reversed .

Jagex is still offering the standalone RS3 or OSRS clients for players that don't want to use the Launcher but, if you have moved beyond that point, downloaded and started using the Launcher, it is too late to choose anymore.

Information article: https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/articles/16079899218065-Can-I-remove-a-character-from-my-Jagex-account-

Will they undo it for you? No.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

08-Jan-2024 13:31:07

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for detailed information.

Upgrade

To create a Jagex account you'll need to upgrade your character, but first, there are some things to be aware of:

- Once you've upgraded your character there's no going back, so make sure you create a Jagex account with a secure, accessible email address

The change is irreversible ...

09-Jan-2024 15:47:42

Primal2h
Feb Member 2024

Primal2h

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well I'm not happy the only reason it was done on the accounts is because servers were offline? and I though that was strange because years ago when the updates happened there didn't have any down time... Seeing how easy the upgrade was I didn't like it and its a newly done thing. I just want my accounts back to normal, I'm trying to talk to jagex or anybody who has the power to set my accounts back correct without this awful update. its ruined the way I like to login to my accounts.

I appreciate some of the methods you can do like add auth access for it stop requesting the bloody log code that was good help just about the only post that has been helpful. I haven't got round to adding auths yet as I only use my phone for calling and texting. Its easy done to click stuff that say upgrade it should be easy to reverse my accounts. I didn't even see the bit where it says stuff to be aware of. Stop defending jagex this is an issue they need to address.

We all know its wrong the way this update is irreversible and how sneaky the small print is that tells you u can't change back. Its a company set back for jagex to spend a small amount of time to help out people like me that are extremely unhappy with what they have done to my accounts. I can't be the only one.

This game is advertised as oldschool runescape is it not.

So disappointed. @jagex

09-Jan-2024 17:30:24

Quick find code: 408-409-682-66292708 Back to Top