Forums

Account ban - Macroing

Quick find code: 408-409-676-66289202

xSmeef
Mar Member 2024

xSmeef

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, maybe two months ago I was temp banned for macroing but I was absolutely not macroing. I let my membership run out and haven't played since even though the temp ban was lifted because I'm afraid to be banned again since this time it will be a perm ban, and since I wasn't macroing the first time I'm afraid of being falsely banned again. This is my main account that I've been playing for years. I played for a little while longer on my pure and my ironman but have since let the membership run out on those as well as the game just isn't as fun without being able to play on my main that I put years of progress on without being afraid of a perm ban. I even appealed the ban and it was an unsuccessful appeal. This is my favorite game and I do really miss playing, I was just wondering if anyone could help me get the ban overturned? I would never break the rules or do anything to put my account in jeopardy because I have limited time for video games and this is the only one I really play. Someone please help :( thanks for your time.

24-Oct-2023 05:30:00

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Appeal an offence ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for the information you do need to know.

Offences can be appealed once,
if your appeal is denied the decision is final.

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable, it means that the Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct and that the account's user is liable for the activity,
so no further appeal is invited

You had already appealed said ban and it was denied, so there's nothing further to do than to accept what it is.

24-Oct-2023 07:12:51

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If the appeal was denied then, it wasn't a "false" ban. The offence is confirmed.

What you need to do now is think about how you are playing the game. Is there anything that might have triggered the macro detection e.g. certain of the Runelite plugins? If you have been playing for years, then the macro detected is something new that the account has done so think about what you were doing in the days before the ban that you hadn't done before.

Is your account completely secure? meaning, if it wasn't you, maybe a hijacker was using your account without your knowledge.

Fully turning your back on the game due to this detection is a major step.
It's sad to read that you might be doing that. :(
However nobody in here can help you "overturn" the ban recorded on your account.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

24-Oct-2023 07:24:24

Loves Coffee
Feb Member 2024

Loves Coffee

Posts: 373 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex makes mistakes.
Happened to us as a family.
It was an adult who got the ban and was falsely accused. Proly did to many repetitive movements, which is fully understandable with his autism.

Result though is the family fell apart with gaming.
Everyone of us plays another game now. Which is sad.
Once in a while we play runescape but on our own.

When our continuing membership fell through, we gotten the account back. We had to pay more, almost doubled.

All I can say is, wait for a while. Maybe you get your account back after a year or so.
It may feel its your account, but Jagex owns it according to the rules.

Sorry for not bringing better news.

24-Oct-2023 11:57:05

xSmeef
Mar Member 2024

xSmeef

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was doing nothing new at all I was playing just like I always do. I've been reading up on other false bans and a lot of people suspect some of them come when you use a wireless mouse, which I do use a wireless mouse and have used one for a while. I hadn't gotten any new plugins on runelite in months. I know for a fact that I wasn't macroing or breaking any rules and that this indeed was a false ban. It's a shame.

24-Oct-2023 18:48:03

Quick find code: 408-409-676-66289202 Back to Top