Forums

Permanent BAN which is FALSE Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-63-66273917

Algorythm
Mar Member 2024

Algorythm

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi..

So I put all of my attention and hours into playing my ironman (which I de-ironed to a Unranked GIM) and thoroughly enjoyed every moment on it.
Untold hours were put into the account as well as membership via a direct debit.

I took a break from the game as I was burnt out, as you know it happens from time to time. Now, the thing is, I logged in every now and then to make sure my account was secure. I decided the break was enough and had motivation to play again so I started to do my slayer task.
Without fail, around 15 minutes went by during the task and all of a sudden I was booted from the game. I was confused. It wouldn't let me login due to my account being banned permanently due to macroing major. The date of ban was 27th November 2022.

I know the ban detection has made an error in this case.

Every hour and minute was legitimately played. I then made an appeal and to my surprise it was denied with no explanation.

The question I have is why? Why was I banned in the first place? Not once have I used anything that was third-party that'll cause my account to be at risk.

Please, could a JMOD look into this? The username of my account is Oracle192
Any help would be appreciated...

Kind regards

04-Feb-2023 17:25:42

Algorythm
Mar Member 2024

Algorythm

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think I used any illegal plugins, not ones that are listed on prohibited osrs website anyway. I don't use a VPN and never have.. And for my mouse input, basic settings... it's a standard mouse from amazon.

It's just a weird ban :/

04-Feb-2023 17:58:25

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, Algorythm.

Did you appeal the ban by following the instructions here Appeal an offence ? It's the only method to have this ban reviewed by a member of Jagex. If you haven't, I suggest that you do appeal it. If you did appeal and the outcome was unfavorable, then, unfortunately, that's the end of the road for such account.

Please note that you are not necessarily banned for whatever you are doing at the time that the ban is added to the account and you are automatically logged out of the game. A lot of player think that it works this way and it does not. Macroing and/or use of bots bans are not instant and they take time to be investigated. For example, you could be banned for having used a bot a month or so ago...and not for what you are doing at the time of the ban.

In any case, you should read the Macroing & RWT bans [Info] sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum as it may contain information regarding your concern.

06-Feb-2023 16:16:29

The contents of this message have been hidden

07-Apr-2023 22:35:15

07-Apr-2023 22:44:14

07-Apr-2023 22:58:09

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
@ Grimie3
~ Please do not hijack other people's thread. You need to create your own thread, as I mention in my post to you on this thread: Please click here.

@2_Tron
~

Original message details are unavailable.
Hello 2_Tron

As a veteran forumer and frequent poster in Community Led Account Help, you are well aware that hijacking of threads is not acceptable, so it is unclear why you would post a response to a hijacker, not only once but on three hijacked threads. In the future, please do not do this, as it encourages thread hijacking and can cause confusion for helpers...
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

07-Apr-2023 23:43:08

Quick find code: 408-409-63-66273917 Back to Top