Forums

Not the SamePlace I Logged out

Quick find code: 408-409-619-66278741

Purenatas

Purenatas

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On 4/19/23 I had another player offer me 100k to add them on Twitch so I did then the next day 4/20/23 I was playing mid day decided to log off for a few (4pm) then once I logged on around (8pm) my account was not in the same place I once logged out. Logged out at west Lumbridge Farm 33 chickens and logged into Castles Wars at the Bank Chest. Nothing was missing probably due to the fact its a fresh account needing quest points, skills of 100 and Time needed to play. My Twitch account doesnt have any personal information on it so Im worried to how I was attacked ... I have many accounts but the only one that was attacked was the one that came in contact with the player which he was also using another account to spam the 100K offer. I never once gave any info but saying thanks. I have changed the password and added the security authenticator. Not sure if it was a BUG issue or Being HACKED but Im very concerned with the issue Ive run into and would like to have more Knowledge on the problem

21-Apr-2023 05:29:31 - Last edited on 21-Apr-2023 06:11:04 by Purenatas

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Purenatas

Logging back in at Castle Wars is a typical indicator of a hijack.
The full instructions to review security are: Security tips

In addition to a full security review, log into account management and check the 'Linked Accounts' tab. Unlink any linked accounts. Click on 'Manage Steam' to check for a linked Steam account.

Please edit your post above and remove the other players name from view as we are not permitted to "name and shame" in the forums. If you want to report the players name and what happened, use the [email protected] email.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

21-Apr-2023 05:40:20

Purenatas

Purenatas

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you for taking the time to message me on the problem. Im still at loss on how this could have happened, I am very careful with my accounts due to being hacked when I was younger. Dont know where I could have messed up an how someone could have figured out my password. Like you said check the linked accounts I didnt worry about checking them being in a panic at the time I just wiped them all out hoping that would keep me from having another issue. Thanks again Malua

21-Apr-2023 06:18:42 - Last edited on 21-Apr-2023 06:20:11 by Purenatas

Quick find code: 408-409-619-66278741 Back to Top