Forums

Is this against the rules?

Quick find code: 408-409-537-66278331

Saggy Nagy
Sep Member 2021

Saggy Nagy

Posts: 718 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I want to make a program that will automatically read data from my game window to record it for future reference. In particular, I want to make a program that will read GE data from my game window and record it for me. To be clear, the program would not interact with the game in any way except to read and parse data from it. It wouldn’t make any inputs.

14-Apr-2023 16:54:10

Pinguicula

Pinguicula

Posts: 10,433 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not a J-mod. You might not get a response from one here. What you are describing would probably be OK in the sense that it doesn't produce any input in the game. However, I wonder if the anti-cheat stuff built in to the game might detect some sort of screen reader or capture, which if I'm not mistaken bots have used in the past, and you might still somehow get flagged for that.

Just a thought.. have there been Runelite plugins that basically just get info from the game and save that info? I'm not familiar with Runelite but that seems plausible. If such a plugin exists then has it been approved or disapproved?

Could you avoid having your program interact with the game at all maybe by using the built in print screen function of the operating system to dump a screen shot in to a file and then have your program get the data you want from that screen shot file? I think in Windows the graphics driver software from AMD and Nvidia often comes with a screenshot function that can be set up.

15-Apr-2023 05:04:01 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2023 05:08:16 by Pinguicula

Quick find code: 408-409-537-66278331 Back to Top