Forums

Account Help-Moderator/Support Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-504-66274238

Kellett30005
Mar Member 2024

Kellett30005

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I tried to log in using my email but said my password was incorrect, so I reset my password. Then i was prompted to register an email address, I thought this was strange but maybe just to reconfirm my details. Then I notice that I have no display name and that this was a brand new account. Every time i log in i'm on this brand new account and not my active one. I'm currently logged in via steam, thank god steam didn't kick me out. Can anyone please help?

08-Feb-2023 16:02:16

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, Kellett30005.

You can keep logging in using Steam; however, if you wish to add a login email address to that account, then you should follow the steps here: Add a login email to third party account . After you complete those steps, if you wish to completely remove the link to Steam and simply log in using the newly added login email address , you may also follow through with that. Those steps are also in the Support article above.

08-Feb-2023 16:14:26

Kellett30005
Mar Member 2024

Kellett30005

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I already have an email address on this account as i have only recently linked it to steam. I completely can not log in via web browser. the new unwanted account has taken over my email, i've even tried changing the email on the new account but no luck...

08-Feb-2023 16:40:13

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Kellett30005

If you have only recently linked the Kellett30005 account to your Steam, it must already have its own login but it isn't the email you used.
To identify a forgotten login, use the tools on the Forgotten login support page.

It sounds like you stumbled across an old inactive account when you tried to login in on a pc with that email.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

08-Feb-2023 22:11:50

Torags Boots
Apr Member 2022

Torags Boots

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i have an account, Tagyourit93, that was apparently converted to a Jagex account but I cannot login through the launcher to access the account. How do I go about recovering this? I have the email associated with the account login but can't change the PW.

06-Jul-2023 14:52:42

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Torags Boots

It would be best if you would create your own thread instead of hijacking an old, already-resolved thread. Doing that will facilitate you getting the help you need.

To create your own thread, look to the upper right and you should see a button that says "New Thread"

all the best
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

06-Jul-2023 19:15:30

Quick find code: 408-409-504-66274238 Back to Top