Forums

Account stolen please help

Quick find code: 408-409-499-66289479

Hypno Shade

Hypno Shade

Posts: 2,108 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Team

Please help - someone has stolen this account and set up a 2 step authenticator - purchased membership - changed password, I have virus scanned and changed email password and changed the account password here but cannot log in as it says I am already logged in.

Please boot my account from the sever so I can log in and check the state of my account - the membership is being paid for by myself which I did not request as i play mostly on my hard core and I only play this account occasionally - I wanted to use this account to test run some bosses before doing them on my hard core

Thanks

29-Oct-2023 11:23:22

Hypno Shade

Hypno Shade

Posts: 2,108 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay, I can log in now, looks like they got disconnected while at rev caves -

Any advice on how to stop this happening again?

I think I have secured my email address as I'm sure they needed access it for some of the stuff they did - right?

Because checking my email history I cannot see a password change notification, so could they have changed my password without sending an email?

29-Oct-2023 11:42:10

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Hypno Shade

Yes, they needed access to your email to change the password, so securing your email was the right move.
Make sure your new password is quite different and not used in any other web logins you have.

It is easy to delete an email so you don't see it.
Work through the instructions on the Security tips support page to thoroughly review your email, device and account security.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

29-Oct-2023 12:23:12

Quick find code: 408-409-499-66289479 Back to Top