Forums

Power breach 8 perm mutes

Quick find code: 408-409-44-66292295

Tufi Titan

Tufi Titan

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I recently had 8 of my accounts, simultaneously and permanently muted on Dec 16th.
Even accounts I hadn't even logged into for months. I actually have a good idea what started this - even if the original account in question may have deserved a mute - I.P. perm muting 7 of my other clean accounts is an absurd abuse of power and I would like this investigated. I already tried to appeal on the other 7 accounts, unsuccessfully without any evidence being provided due to "potentially exposing detection methods". Which is, again, absurd, since that implies I botted, which I never have, on any account.

26-Dec-2023 01:03:12

Tufi Titan

Tufi Titan

This goes beyond the generic "we can't do anything after the appeal", reply. This is a case of an obvious, vindictive and unprofessional mod (as there have been many) who decided to perm mute all of my accounts, many of which haven't even been used for several months.

26-Dec-2023 11:31:57

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Taken from the '
Terms & Conditions
' ...

We are under no obligation to actively monitor and/or moderate User Content. We do however undertake very limited monitoring detailed below.

Anti-Cheat Technologies

We may use anti-cheat technologies in relation to the Jagex Products. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies may activate and monitor your game play, the files on your computer associated with the Jagex Product or that otherwise access our servers, and your computer's memory, purely for the purposes of detecting and preventing cheating.

If any of these anti-cheat technologies detect cheating, we may collect relevant information necessary for our investigation and enforcement purposes, including your Account name, details about the unauthorized third party program and the Jagex Product files modification detected, and the time and date it was detected. We also may terminate these Terms, your access to the Jagex Products, and your Jagex Account if we determine you have been cheating.

The day a player receives a ban/mute ...

The moment you, a player, do receive a ban/mute Jagex/JMods ended an investigation that was tight connected to one of your account(s) with a conclusive end-result that action is justified based upon the evidence found on your account(s).
How long that investigation did take place, Jagex/JMods do not elaborate, at leats it did take place prior to the band/mute.

(continued)

26-Dec-2023 13:31:29

2_Tron

2_Tron

Original message details are unavailable.
I recently had 8 of my accounts, simultaneously and permanently muted on Dec 16th.
Even accounts I hadn't even logged into for months. I actually have a good idea what started this - even if the original account in question may have deserved a mute - I.P. perm muting 7 of my other clean accounts is an absurd abuse of power and I would like this investigated. I already tried to appeal on the other 7 accounts, unsuccessfully without any evidence being provided due to "potentially exposing detection methods". Which is, again, absurd, since that implies I botted, which I never have, on any account.
First of all important to know ... once a player connects with '
Jagex's Servers
' it might be possible that '
Jagex's Internal Security System
' might have detected '
malicious activity
' and therefore starts to collect evidence as said in previous post.

Players most of the time blame JMods for doing things wrong or abuse their powers ... but it are players themselves using hardware/software methods that trigger '
' starting to record said abuse/malicious activity.

26-Dec-2023 13:40:17

2_Tron

2_Tron

This goes beyond the generic "we can't do anything after the appeal", reply. This is a case of an obvious, vindictive and unprofessional mod (as there have been many) who decided to perm mute all of my accounts, many of which haven't even been used for several months.
JMods only observe '
' if it is working properly and conduct investigations based upon evidence, to check/dubble-check said results and validity of said penalty which is issued/applied once said investigation has ended.

26-Dec-2023 13:46:27

2_Tron

2_Tron

For example ...

If I ... cheat/abuse/RWT/bot ... and I disregard previous warnings/penalties, continuing breaking the '
Rules of RuneScape
' and/or '
Terms & Conditions
' Jagex/JMods might terminate their rules on all my accounts I do possess to stop me from breaking said rules in the future, for permanent.

26-Dec-2023 13:53:30

Tufi Titan

Tufi Titan

I have never botted, on any account. This issue is simple - a moderator manually perm muted all accounts associated with my I.P., relating to perhaps one of my accounts in question. (I must have really hurt a friend of a mod's feelings). That's beside the point. What was clearly done here was out of spite and an abuse of power to silence all of my accounts. I will follow the other individual's advice for the investigation. Spamming me a bunch of rules and regulations that do not apply to my specific situation isn't helpful.

27-Dec-2023 15:39:28

Tufi Titan

Tufi Titan

In that case, go to Clause 22 of the Terms & Conditions (linked at the bottom of this page).
There are instructions in there about how to make a complaint and the Customer Support Complaints Team will review.

Thank you.

27-Dec-2023 15:40:37

Quick find code: 408-409-44-66292295 Back to Top