Forums

[bug] Missing area task reward Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-435-66282473

Nirane Lane
Aug Member 2022

Nirane Lane

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not sure where to go or who to approach about a bug that affects my account. I'm guessing I can predict where Jagex would tell me to stick what other games would call a support ticket. But there's nothing else I can try to resolve this issue. As I hope to clarify, a FAQ will not help me with it.

I'm sure some of you recall Naff, Varrock's battlestaff merchant, and how he's supposed to increase his stock when you complete Varrock achievement sets. The issue is, he's doing no such thing for me.

I've completed the hard set. Both the in-game achievement guide as well as the wiki claim he should be willing to sell me 64 battlestaffs every day. Unfortunately, Naff disagrees and seems to think I only deserve access to a measly 16 daily battlestaffs. Since there is no in-game dialogue, with or without a certain magical, charisma-enhancing piece of finger fashion, to convince him to sell me an amount appropriate to the achievements I've completed, I figured I'd try my clearly negligible luck here and see if I can, by chance, get some actual aid in this matter.

25-Jun-2023 01:45:16

Nirane Lane
Aug Member 2022

Nirane Lane

Thank you for the response.

It's been a few weeks actually. I've claimed the rewards too, of course. My assumption is that it somehow has to do with a defence reset I did a while ago. Before that reset I was able to buy the right amount of daily battlestaffs. Resetting defence meant I lost some Varrock achievements. Of course, I re-obtained the hard varrock set. I'm guessing this somehow broke something on my account.

Other associated rewards, such as bank access to the cooking guild, do work. It's just the daily battlestaff limit that's broken.

25-Jun-2023 12:44:26

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nirane Lane said :
Thank you for the response.

It's been a few weeks actually. I've claimed the rewards too, of course. My assumption is that it somehow has to do with a defence reset I did a while ago. Before that reset I was able to buy the right amount of daily battlestaffs. Resetting defence meant I lost some Varrock achievements. Of course, I re-obtained the hard varrock set. I'm guessing this somehow broke something on my account.

Other associated rewards, such as bank access to the cooking guild, do work. It's just the daily battlestaff limit that's broken.
Resetting your defence might have a wider range of impact on your characters abilities. I recommend goin to the '
RuneScape Wiki
' as that source might tell you more than we are able to do so here in Community Led Account Help-forums.

25-Jun-2023 12:54:28

Nirane Lane
Aug Member 2022

Nirane Lane

Time to necro a post. Seems fitting with that recent release. Customer support was as helpful as expected. No answer or explanation was ever provided. I've ran into another issue since, with a bug giving me experience that should never have been granted, ruining a goal I've been working on for several months.

I've opened a ticket about it. Got a lazily copied and pasted, unhelpful response. I've contacted customer support through X (Twitter). Included a video with hard evidence, to the point where anyone can create this bug step by step. Got a lazily copied and pasted, unhelpful response. I submitted a bug report, but those don't get responded to.

In conclusion, Jagex CS has one job. They are there to give the idea that there is such a thing as CS. There isn't. Customer support, as indicated by the name, supports customers. Jagex doesn't do that, which is something they'll go to any length to prove.

It doesn't matter how right you are. It doesn't matter that their disrespectful facade of CS is negatively affecting the public perception of the company. They help only if there's public outrage that may affect their net profits. Unless that happens, Jagex shows, over and over, that they do not respect their customers. We're cash cows to them and nothing else.

As much as I love this game, the company behind it, or at least its sham of a CS is easily the worst I've seen in any major MMORPG. Worse than Blizzard/Activision, worse than EA, worse than Zenimax and worse than Trion. They all at least try to help you when there's a legitimate issue affecting your account. I've never had that experience or even that impression with Jagex and I know I'm far from the only one.

Every interaction I've had with Jagex can be summed up as follows: "Ctrl+c, ctrl+v. Now, sincerely, go f yourself". No exceptions, ever.

02-Sep-2023 15:41:00

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nirane Lane said :
Time to necro a post. ...

Your other thread on your recent concern was moved to the Existing Game Content Forum, as it is an issue with game content, and not an account issue. (Account issues are issues related to things like character display name, account security, registered email, bans & mutes.)

Please use that thread to continue your discussion of your new issue, as it is unrelated to the original topic of this thread.

Thank you
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

03-Sep-2023 00:13:57

Quick find code: 408-409-435-66282473 Back to Top