Forums

Banned for using runelite. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-407-66259858

zerkg btw

zerkg btw

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Banned for using runelite today. I’m 99% sure jagex marks bans unappealable when they dont want to have to see that they’re dumb. They said runelite is allowed, it’s the only client I use and somehow I get a ban for using a unauthorized client. Such Bs they need to fix their stuff. This company seriously needs customer support. Not everyone uses twitter.

10-Aug-2022 14:34:17

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Threads been moved from Rants where you wont get much help to Account Help where you will get help.

Also Jagex don't ban for using Runelite as they now approve it.

Are you sure you have the right version as a version going around was edited to contain some nasty things.

I'd be checking where you got it from.

Help and advice posted soon.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

10-Aug-2022 16:11:16

zerkg btw

zerkg btw

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’ve been using runelite for the last few years. Only thing I did differently is use the new party plugin. But it’s a default plugin which they say is safe. It’s just so stupid you can’t apeal it. Where’s there proof? I’d let them scan my whole system to look for another client because I’ve never used anything else.

10-Aug-2022 16:57:43

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex doesn't ensure that any 3rd party plugins are safe. As a matter of fact they have a laundry list of rules that 3rd party clients aren't allowed to do. Using anything that is on the disallowed list as to what they can and can't do is enough in some cases to trigger the system.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

10-Aug-2022 18:36:07

Apazos

Apazos

Posts: 3,055 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As an addition to what Tranq's already told you, I think it may benefit you to read through these pages:

Macroing & RWT bans [Info]
Third Party Client Guidelines

They don't provide evidence for bans of that nature due to it potentially allowing cheaters to make their software harder to detect (among other reasons). I know that's not ideally what you're wanting, but hopefully your ban isn't permanent & just the standard two weeks.
~Apa

10-Aug-2022 23:18:18

Alghoul
Sep Member 2022

Alghoul

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello!

Odd request, have been looking into getting runelite because I like how rs mobile is laid out n would like to have similar for pc, it looks like there are alot of people complaining they have been banned using runelite for no apparent reason (whether they are telling the truth or not im not sure) but im worried if I use it and theres some bug or preloaded layout that might be ban-able, any tips that may help in avoiding getting banned? aside from the obvious ones.

thanks!

21-Sep-2022 13:32:17

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Third party clients update ... <- (link)

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/third-party-clients-update?oldschool=1#_ga=2.238898112.1388961738.1663788609-1258357816.1663788608

This webpage is forwarded by '
The OldSchool Team
' and provides you with enough information about the '
do & don't
' considering third party software as well as ...

Third party client guidelines ... <- (link)

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/third-party-client-guidelines?oldschool=1

So please do read these webpages carefully so your are well informed/prepared what lies ahead.

21-Sep-2022 20:56:02

teteme1

teteme1

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
zerkg btw said :
Banned for using runelite today. I’m 99% sure jagex marks bans unappealable when they dont want to have to see that they’re dumb. They said runelite is allowed, it’s the only client I use and somehow I get a ban for using a unauthorized client. Such Bs they need to fix their stuff. This company seriously needs customer support. Not everyone uses twitter.

I can certify with all reason that they ban for using something from runelite that they don't even bother to notify that it is to give the opportunity to deactivate it, my experience began a month ago when while construction was going up they banned me one day for obviously using a bot For two days, I thought that the problem was due to the mahogamy home plugin that has the runelite and well I removed it and continued as nothing happened I assumed that was the problem, but, it turns out that yesterday I was leveling agility in the agility course of Prifdinas kicks me out of the game and when I try to enter boom permanently banned (this is another account), they ban but they don't even notice what they do, my banned account is more than 5 years old, at that time I had never been banned, I started to use runelite because it was on the list of allowed programs and now I was left with nothing in a month they gave me two names and they were unable to say for using this plugins because I know and I am 100% sure that neither bot nor hack enters this pc nor any &$%/% of those because I consider it the way to make life easy without wanting to take responsibility, but the great jagex detection team says no that it's me and that if I use it. Let's see how the appeal of my second ban will turn out because in the first one they didn't tell me anything simply if it's his turn, he puts up with it or leaves, of course not with those words but very politely that's the hint

23-Apr-2023 17:05:13

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ teteme1 - Gravebumping an inactive thread from last year to reply to the author is not helpful to any one. This thread is locked to prevent further gravebumping.

If you need assistance with appealing your ban, please create your own thread to ask for that assistance.

In the Community Led Support Forums, it is much easier to give everyone the help they are looking for if each user creates their own thread about their issue.

Every user's situation is somewhat unique, and it can get confusing as to which post is to which user, when more than one player is trying to get help on the same thread. Advice given to the original player may not apply in each case. Also, when tacking your situation on to another player's thread, those helping may recognize the thread as one where the issue had already been solved, and may not notice that a different situation has been added to that thread.

Thanks
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

24-Apr-2023 00:36:05

Quick find code: 408-409-407-66259858 Back to Top