Forums

false perm ban Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-400-66292058

igga
Jan Member 2023

igga

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My alt account ran out of members, so i decided to continue cutting rubies but in f2p while i played on my main. It was falsely banned for major macroing, i appealed the ban only for it to be rejected. I cant justify logging in on my main because its inefficient to log in one but not the other. I am also concerned this account, my main will be banned because of the dog water system jagex is using. I am shocked that my appeal is denied.

Is my only step really to beg streamers or mods on twitter to manually look into my ban?

19-Dec-2023 17:26:40

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Appeal an offence ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for more information.

Offences can be appealed once,
if your appeal is denied the decision is final.

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable,
it means that the Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct
and that the account's user is liable for the activity, so no further appeal is invited.

There isn't anymore that can be done here.
Begging on social media neither would help.

19-Dec-2023 17:45:30

2_Tron

2_Tron

Most people do fail the moment they use 'hardware/software' that creates an 'unfair advantage' compared to players whom use 'original/standard' hardware/software to play RuneScape.
Also, many people do believe that a lot of 'plugins/add-ons' are approved but saying so is not a guarantee that these things truly are approved. A lot of them, if not all, are prohibited to be used because of an unfair advantage.
RuneScape is created to be operated/played by humans and not by automated processes.

20-Dec-2023 07:08:48

2_Tron

2_Tron

Taken from the '
Terms & Conditions
' ...

We are under no obligation to actively monitor and/or moderate User Content. We do however undertake very limited monitoring detailed below.

Anti-Cheat Technologies

We may use anti-cheat technologies in relation to the Jagex Products. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies may activate and monitor your game play, the files on your computer associated with the Jagex Product or that otherwise access our servers, and your computer's memory, purely for the purposes of detecting and preventing cheating.

If any of these anti-cheat technologies detect cheating, we may collect relevant information necessary for our investigation and enforcement purposes, including your Account name, details about the unauthorized third party program and the Jagex Product files modification detected, and the time and date it was detected. We also may terminate these Terms, your access to the Jagex Products, and your Jagex Account if we determine you have been cheating.

The day a player receives a ban/mute ...

The moment you, a player, do receive a ban/mute Jagex/JMods ended an investigation that was tight connected to one of your account(s) with a conclusive end-result that action is justified based upon the evidence found on your account(s).
How long that investigation did take place, Jagex/JMods do not elaborate, at leats it did take place prior to the band/mute.

^ This is the 'dogwater system' that has been triggered with your account(s). As I said earlier, if you 'believe' that some software is allowed you might have it wrong. Any software/hardware that creates an unfair advantage will be dealt with.
Use Jagex's Official Clients and nothing will happen. If you disregard warnings/penalties handed out by Jagex/JMods it is possible that all accounts will face the same penalty for ignoring said penalties.

27-Dec-2023 09:59:51

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
igga said :
I only use runlite, main & false banned alt account.
Although you do not get banned for merely using the normal version of RuneLite, there are certain plugins and/or add-ons that are deemed against the rules and if used may get your account in trouble . Since Jagex doesn't control the third-party program, that's the reason it comes with a warning.

Jagex has shared two news articles regarding third-party software:

1. Third Party Client Guidelines [June 1st, 2022]
2. Third Party Clients Update [June 17th, 2022]

Both may be found inside the Macroing & RWT bans [Info] sticky as well. Jagex is only able to fully control the clients that they own as they manage it and maintain it daily; however, that isn't true for RuneLite, for example. RuneLite does try their best to ensure that add-ons/plugins do not break the rules, but considering the vast majority of users out there and the increased probability of cheating, it's obvious that it can't be 100% bullet-proof.

Always remember that the use of any third-party software is considered "
Use at your own risk
."

27-Dec-2023 15:36:35

igga
Jan Member 2023

igga

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This account my main (not banned) i was rune crafting bloods using a OVER POWERED runelite plug in that changes fill empty pouches depending if I'm near a bank or a altar. This account is 30 levels from maxing, never had issue.

My false banned alt account i was cutting rubies in varrock west bank free to play high total world. My mouse is a razer deathadder click 5 i had enter & click 6 i had 3 (I would press twice for full inventory ruby chisel cutting).

Thank you for the false alt ban I haven't logged in since, that said you need to look into your ban detection system & on top of that look into your appeal system. Also the lack of support i am getting here is eye opening but a streamer can go on a discord and have his false ban fixed with in hours.

Thank you for making it easy to quit, granted 30 levels from maxing. I'm sorry to other people who have also experienced something like this, move on.

27-Dec-2023 19:54:47

Quick find code: 408-409-400-66292058 Back to Top