Forums

Offense Expiration

Quick find code: 408-409-392-66281608

Mr Gun Guy
Jul Member 2020

Mr Gun Guy

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've always had this question living rent free in my noggin and perhaps someone has the answer for it.

Alright, let's say a temporary ban was issued for a medium level offense. The ban has no lifted after the time elapsed and after whatever time it may be, the offense had also expires from the account. If the gamer violates the same offense again AFTER the offense had expires off the account, is the next offense going to be treated as a brand new offense, or will it be treated as an escalation from the previous offence?

10-Jun-2023 20:19:56

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Mr Gun Guy

You ask a complicated question.
It depends what offence the account has committed as some offences accumulate and others don't.
The 'expiry' has value for the offences that accumulate. It has no value for the offences that don't.

I am not a JMod and you won't get an official answer about this. I know for certain that mute offences accumulate but I doubt that macroing offences do.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

10-Jun-2023 23:14:49

Mr Gun Guy
Jul Member 2020

Mr Gun Guy

I think my question is being misunderstood. This question stemmed from an acquittance receiving first a minor then 6 months later a medium violation for RWT. The minor one has now expired and been removed from the account status screen but the medium is still active. Upon the expiry of the medium RWT offense, the account status would be completely free and clear. If that individual committed that offense again, would Jagex treat it as a new minor offense or would it be escalated from there?

11-Jun-2023 19:11:26

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Gun Guy said :
I think my question is being misunderstood. This question stemmed from an acquittance receiving first a minor then 6 months later a medium violation for RWT. The minor one has now expired and been removed from the account status screen but the medium is still active. Upon the expiry of the medium RWT offense, the account status would be completely free and clear. If that individual committed that offense again, would Jagex treat it as a new minor offense or would it be escalated from there?
If that person slightly do attempt to RWT again, or close to, that persons account will be toast/history never to be seen again.

11-Jun-2023 19:49:30

2_Tron

2_Tron

Unappealable offences

If the ban or mute is unappealable we have deemed the offence so severe that an appeal will not be permitted.

Unappealable offences include:

- Account hijacking
- Bug abuse
-
Real-world trading

- Other manual permanent bans (fraud, community safety)

These offences are always investigated thoroughly before being applied
and will not be discussed further.

11-Jun-2023 19:54:35

Mr Gun Guy
Jul Member 2020

Mr Gun Guy

Alrighty, to confirm with what you're saying.

There is a RWT offence on the low and medium level that have both been quashed/expired per Jagex via the account information tab.

Say the person engages in RWT once more, will their account be permanently banned or will the offences begin again with the low tier?

03-Jul-2023 01:16:35

2_Tron

2_Tron

Mr Gun Guy said :
Alrighty, to confirm with what you're saying.

There is a RWT offence on the low and medium level that have both been quashed/expired per Jagex via the account information tab.

Say the person engages in RWT once more, will their account be permanently banned or will the offences begin again with the low tier?
Any new development will be investigated/treated as a new case where a new outcome will be filed/applied to your account.
What will happen from there is up to Jagex/JMods.

If a ban has been quashed/expired and a player has the ability to use that account to once again join The RuneScape Community in RuneScape it is best to stay away from any rulebreaking whatsoever.
Players are challenged to play RuneScape ... not breaking rules.

03-Jul-2023 09:44:20

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think there has ever been any definitive statement from Jagex on to what extent a pattern of past rule-breaking (even if the offences have expired) might influence the severity of punishments handed out for subsequent offences.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

03-Jul-2023 12:49:15

Quick find code: 408-409-392-66281608 Back to Top