Forums

Email Attach Failed

Quick find code: 408-409-386-66277212

Morvale16
Aug Member 2023

Morvale16

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all!

Recently starting playing and am loving both games. When I originally created the account, I used Apple login. Now that I want to keep playing, I wanted to secure my account using 2-Factor Authentication, which required me to add an email. I went to the website to do this, and entered my gmail, created a password, etc. The little "make sure you're a human" popup happened, passed that. However, the email link process seems to have not worked?

When I open either client, or go the my account settings, it says there is no email linked. I tried to link the same email, and it's saying that email is already in use. However, when I log completely out and try to use that email, it's saying that it's an invalid login. Obviously something didn't happen that was supposed to, but I cannot seem to get help on the Support page because the annoying little chat bot keeps not understanding what I'm asking, and when I ask to talk to a person, THE FREAKING LINK IT SENDS ME TO JUST HAS A BUNCH MORE SELF-SERVICE GUIDES AND NO WAY TO CONTACT ANYONE. Jagex, how is that helpful?

Anyways, after working on this for about 12 hours now, searching Reddit, Google, Steam Forums (which is hilarious since I'm not even playing through Steam), and reading through about 50 different threads here hoping someone else had had this issues and fixed it, I decided to post to see if I could get any help. I'm fairly certain that this is the type of issue that is going to require someone with significant access to help me fix, but I'm feeling rather hopeless at this point.

So... any ideas?

26-Mar-2023 18:39:09

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If it's saying that email is already in use, then somehow an account got created using that email...which would be why the login fails because you dont know the login credentials for that account.

So likely, as this has happened before, the email probably got leaked somewhere and it got used to register an account by someone else.

So you'd have to use another email, which common practice for best RS security would be to make an email specifically for RS. That way it'll reduce the risk of targeted phishing that a more widespread email would be vulnerable to.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

26-Mar-2023 22:02:37

Quick find code: 408-409-386-66277212 Back to Top