Forums

GIM to ironman?

Quick find code: 408-409-360-66285231

SlavSquatSan

SlavSquatSan

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll preface this with that I understand that there's no way to for me to revert from GIM to regular Ironman.

I've recently come to find it pretty tiresome to constantly get harassed frequently in the community any time I type in chat merely because I have a green helm. I come home to chill, socialize with what little time I have, but end up getting rattled when I'm just trying to have a good time.

So what gives, why am I a green helm? About a few weeks into starting my Ironman, my buddy decided to start playing OSRS with me. So I downgraded so we could play together as a group. I've only put stuff into the group ironman bank to help him boost up to the point I was at.

A couple weeks in, my buddy ended up quitting, leaving me in the group alone for the past few months. I've been playing as a normal Ironman basically the entire time with the exception of putting stuff in the group chest for my buddy to use (he didn't even use the items in there).

I don't care for the hiscores as I've already done my share of competing in MMO's. I don't care about the prestige of being a specific type of Ironman, I just play it as a challenge to myself in this AFK game (I've been playing since 2003). But I do care about the constant "you're not a real Ironman", or other remarks I get any time I chat amongst others in group activities. It's not just a spoiled apple in the bunch, either.

Is there ANY way a Jagex mod could somehow revert my count to a regular ironman? I'm sure they could somehow look at my history of using the Group Chest, too, to see I've basically just been playing solo.

A new character isn't an option, I really don't have the time for that.

14-Aug-2023 18:45:33

Quick find code: 408-409-360-66285231 Back to Top