Forums

Need clarity to unlock account

Quick find code: 408-409-332-66276305

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi again, Junhugie.

The reason why they are asking for the earliest information possible (around account creation date) is because the earlier the information, the better. This is due to the fact that 1) if you had to go way back to this time to provide these details, then it's highly likely that you are indeed the account's owner and 2) it will pre-date any details that may have been recorded after a hijacking event, for example. Jagex wants to see details BEFORE this occurred -- if it applies to you, of course -- because anything after is useless.

Let's break down Malua's post above regarding the "Other Comments" box:

* names of other accounts you own (so Jagex can crosscheck ownership links)

1. Please list the names of ANY and ALL accounts that you currently own, specially if you use them from the same IP/computer. This is allow Jagex to double check their connection and easily see if you are the accounts' owner. This will help prove that you actually own the account that you are trying to unlock.

* address changes during the life of the account (town/country only. If you live in USA, it needs to be town/state/country)

2. List all of the locations that you have used during the lifetime of the account in question. Jagex can easily check this and they want you to show them that you know this. It's very helpful and highly recommended to try to recover the account from the location that you use the most. If you have only used one location, please say so. With this in mind, you should also state the Internet Service Provider (ISP) that you used when you created the account -- if you remember; if not, ask someone that may -- and, if it's still the same ISP, please state so during the account recovery request. This will help you tremendously.

22-Mar-2023 14:47:25

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

* emails you have had linked to the account

3. If you have linked any emails to the account, you should list them. This shows Jagex that you have had access to the registered email address, something that is very important to a RuneScape account as it holds the backdoor to its overall security.

* additional payments you want to mention

4. Any payment that you may remember if the account in question was ever a member. If you paid with a credit card, mentioning such credit card(s) and its Zip Code allows Jagex to see that you are indeed the account's owner. This piece of information is very essential as it's personal information that may only be known by the person who created the account. If you were too young, maybe your parents or a friend may have paid for membership. Asking either one may help.

I'll also add a screenshot that is always shared in RuneScape's Discord regarding account recovery requests, so credit to whomever created it:

22-Mar-2023 14:47:29

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Please note that the check with Hans in Lumbridge only works if you have access to the account in question and only applies to people that are trying to change their registered email address on the account. This is usually because their registered email address has become inaccessible, for whatever reason(s) and the only way to force a chance is to go through an account recovery request. Since your account is locked, you can't log in and you can't check with Hans.

Malua also suggested for you to copy and paste the feedback that the Jagex Moderator is providing in those emails that are sent to you. May you please provide those? It'd allow us to help you further and see how far you are too.

Thanks.

22-Mar-2023 14:51:08

Junhugie
Mar Member 2023

Junhugie

Posts: 2,333 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ahh, thank you Mrs Ana! Your replies to my last comment are what I was asking for.

The thing about the account recent denial emails is that they change so haphazardly that its hard to know if I continue to need to include the same helpful details in the comment box every time.

I assume I don't because they say they read all of them, and when I include more info about account creation date and card numbers and payments and that sort of thing in the combox, the denial email I get will remain mostly the same except it will no longer ask for stuff like account creation date, etc.

So, when that happens, I use the combox for my next appeal to try to provide *additional* details and say "check the previous comment box for account creation details and card numbers payment dates and my name and zipcode" to save space. But then the email denial I get back from *that* appeal goes back to asking for my account creation details ago, even though the previous account recovery denial email suggested that I had given them enough.

I'm sort of trusting them to keep all the information like they say they do for each appeal, but in practice it feels like they aren't. That is making it very difficult because I can't simply put in all the extra stuff in a single combox, as you and others have said.

I'll give an example of this dynamic in the next comment, and after that I will post the denial emails from my last two appeals.

23-Mar-2023 17:16:05

Junhugie
Mar Member 2023

Junhugie

Mrs Ana,

I was sorting through my many, many account recovery denial emails, but in the process I encountered some issues with the main runescape site. I'll post the responses later but I'll have to wait a bit since the account recovery denial messages themselves are on the site lol. No need to wait for me ATM; ill post later.

23-Mar-2023 17:39:25

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Junhugie said :
Mrs Ana,

I was sorting through my many, many account recovery denial emails, but in the process I encountered some issues with the main runescape site. I'll post the responses later but I'll have to wait a bit since the account recovery denial messages themselves are on the site lol. No need to wait for me ATM; ill post later.
Sure. No problem. Take your time.

One more question (I'm unsure if you answered it or not since I didn't find any answers):

How long are these account recovery requests taking to get a response? Are they being returned instantly ( within a few minutes ) or are they taking longer ( like an hour or more )? Knowing this would allow us to decipher how much help you need and how far you are in the overall process.

23-Mar-2023 17:43:45

Junhugie
Mar Member 2023

Junhugie

Mrs Ana,

I'll respond to your last question before I post the account recovery denials:

They have nearly all taken an hour or much more. The password I have saved in my "manage passwords" stuff on my laptop and iPhone is the one I was using during COVID, so I know I am getting manually reviewed. It's probably not my creation password, though.

I *think* I did an account recovery during COVID, and I think I had to do this since the iPhone I had when I created the account drowned that year lol. Hence, no 2FA, hence needing account recovery. That was a couple of years ago. My account wasn't hacked then, though, to the best of my memory. The email tied to Ironhugie was still working then, so it wasn't an issue getting access back.

Worth noting that Junhugie (the account I am posting from and my RS3 main for over a decade) is completely 100% secure, except that the email connected to it is the same as Ironhugie's, which is now defunct. I have the password and 2FA enabled, but am waiting for this Ironhugie situation to resolve before changing the email on Junhugie as well. I hope my hesitance is understandable in this circumstance lol

23-Mar-2023 20:34:58

Quick find code: 408-409-332-66276305 Back to Top