Forums

Account info leaked, Banned.

Quick find code: 408-409-33-66259079

Mudkins
Mar Member 2024

Mudkins

Posts: 62 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey guys , i have a question for the community. My account info was leaked and hacked. Shortly after my account was banned for macroing. Luckily the mods decided I had enough proof to show them it wasnt me. The account was hacked by recovery meaning the hacker had the info needed to hack the account and probably could re hack it back. What can i do to further secure the account. Im afraid the hacker might hack it back and get it banned all over again. Is there a way to get into contact with jagex to change all info so the hacker can not recover it back? Please help me.

31-Jul-2022 19:03:25

Apazos

Apazos

Posts: 3,055 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Mamba,

Are you saying that the information needed to recover the account has been leaked? Or are you saying that the account has just been hijacked normally? If it's been hijacked normally I would suggest following the steps listed in this thread: Recovering from Hijack [Info]

It's important you follow the steps in that thread in the order given so that you can be fully secured!
~Apa

31-Jul-2022 19:12:01

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,893 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How are you able to tell that they recovered your account?
Was your email changed? Did you receive any other emails than the "Your email has been changed"? Did you click links within any of the emails that you received?

I recommend securing your device and email.
Do you currently have access to your account? If so how did you regain access?
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

31-Jul-2022 19:13:54

Mudkins
Mar Member 2024

Mudkins

My email was changed , account was hacked through email also. I have secured everything. the information needed to recover the account was leaked somehow also. I have already received emails telling me that the account is already being tried to get recovered.

31-Jul-2022 19:25:43

Apazos

Apazos

Posts: 3,055 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mudkins said :
My email was changed , account was hacked through email also. I have secured everything. the information needed to recover the account was leaked somehow also. I have already received emails telling me that the account is already being tried to get recovered.
When you say you have emails telling you the account is trying to be recovered, could you elaborate a little? Did you follow the steps in that thread 1 by 1? If not I suggest doing that!
~Apa

31-Jul-2022 20:17:51

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

If your account was hijacked through your email only (as in, they didn't recover it using the normal recovery form), it means your recovery information is in safe hands and the only way they gained access to your RS account was by resetting its password which can be done with 1 click with email access. Email can also be changed with email access.

If you haven't already, I recommend creating a new email and using that for your account.

The hijackers knows your login, which is required for them to request a password reset, but they cannot grab the password reset link because it's now being sent to your new email which they don't have access to. It can be a nuisance, but no big deal :P

It would be a good idea to check to see if they have linked any social network accounts within website account settings -> linked accounts. Also click 'manage steam' to see if Steam is linked. If nothing is linked you should be good to go.

If any problems appear let us know

LOL - ninja'd again by Apazos! :D
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

31-Jul-2022 20:18:55 - Last edited on 31-Jul-2022 20:19:17 by Corder

Mudkins
Mar Member 2024

Mudkins

the account was recovered through recovery settings, i had some suspicious emails to reset password. that i never clicked and one day account was hacked password change and all. so it wasnt my email that was leaked but someone knows my info to recover.

31-Jul-2022 20:48:39

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Well, was that information stored somewhere in your email e.g. in an old recovery email receipt? The info includes old passwords, billing information, creation location, date etc. which nobody but the creator would know.
In order for it to be "leaked" it would have stored somewhere online or on a device.

There are phishing emails that look like a Jagex email, but say things like "If you don't do this your account will be banned" or "Cancel email change request by clicking this link". There's more information on phishing emails here 408-409-117-66094339

If your account gets stolen from you again, in the 'other comments' box in the recovery form you could mention that it is currently being recovered back and forth between the hijacker and you. Jagex would then investigate and put a note on your account if so.

31-Jul-2022 20:58:28

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

edit: blind, ignore Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

01-Aug-2022 12:35:56 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2022 12:36:39 by Corder

Mudkins
Mar Member 2024

Mudkins

Is there a way i get into contact with jagex, to let them know. in my recovery + unbanning i put them well aware of the situation but i wish i could change everything so he cant even use the old recovery answers or info

02-Aug-2022 15:41:34

Quick find code: 408-409-33-66259079 Back to Top