Forums

Perm banned, should be temp. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-282-66278790

Lifeprime

Lifeprime

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was permanently banned but I believe it should be at most a temporary ban.

I was rightfully banned on my main account "Lifeprim3" (formally Lifesprime) for macroing. I fully admitted that I was using a simple power-mining macro for iron in the Karuulm mountains. I wanted a max cape so bad and I hated mining so much that I was desperate to circumvent the mining grind. I was caught mining the same three iron ores and dropping them. This was my first ever offence on the account, my first ever use of macros on a game, and I was permanently banned.

I know I was in the wrong for even attempting to gain an advantage by not having to click so much to get the same xp as others. I tried volcanic mine but couldn't find consistent groups or times to group and ended up getting less xp than just 3tick granite/3tick gem rocks; but I soon developed some serious RSI from those activities. I caved and made a simple macro so I wouldn't have to do a skill I hated and I could save my hands/wrist some pain. Looking back this was a horrible mistake. I should have just given up on the idea of trying to get 99 in a skill I cared so little about, maxing isn't worth: hating the game, RSI, and worst of all a ban.

I had spent thousands of hours on that account and seeing that I was permanently banned devastated me. In my 900 character appeal I poured my heart out of how terribly sorry I was, but it was denied without any description of why it was denied... I felt so dejected. I know I gained an unfair advantage but I didn't make any gp and I only gained xp (lvl 91-97) in a skill I honestly don't even care about.

I didn't mention in my appeal what I think the punishment SHOULD have been because I didn't want to sound condescending, but for a first offence on something that only effects MY account; I would expect: a temporary ban (1-3 months), the skill I was macroing in to be reset (reset it 1 at this point, idc), and all gold I gained to be wiped.

22-Apr-2023 09:02:59

Lifeprime

Lifeprime

I know decisions are final, and I know I broke rules.

But:
I feel hurt because my punishment was too harsh.
I feel alone/betrayed because my appeal was declined with automatic responses and I don't feel like a human interacted with me.
I feel despair because of how engrossed I was in this game, all of my thousands of hours of achievements are gone because of I didn't want to grind on a skill I hate.

I just want the satisfaction of knowing my ban/appeal were actually looked at by humans who understand my regret/sorrow/loss.

22-Apr-2023 09:06:46

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
PrimeLife

You won't get a JMod response but it is certain a human JMod checked your account activity before the ban was placed.
A couple of days later, a second human JMod checks the offence again. This is to check that the first JMod made the right call. Bans can get removed at this point if the second JMod finds the first JMod was wrong.
When you submit your appeal, your account is getting checked for the third time. This third JMod (also a real human) is checking that there was no hijacker activity on your account and that the first two JMods made a correct assessment.

The response seems to be automated because JMods select from a set of pre-written responses. Even if the ban was removed, your response would be very automated seeming. Occasionally the JMod hits the wrong button and either the wrong response is sent or the wrong action is taken on the account which can be a bit embarrassing. This does not happen very often. A very low incidence indeed but not unheard of and the kind of mistake only a human would make!

I doubt this will satisfy you but I can assure you that real people are checking offence activity on accounts.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

22-Apr-2023 09:30:24

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Home-made bots/macro's are clear evidence for a preconceived plan to mislead all warnings in the Rules of RuneScape and/or Terms & Conditions and attempt to circumvent all warnings written in there, including warnings Jagex/JMods have communicated for 20+ years.

Aside from evidence that will be found with other players using that same home-made bots/macro's, made by you, there's little to nothing that anyone is able to do for you.

Appeal an offence ... <- (link) is the only page (Account status) that might shed some light on yours case.

Before '
permanent bans/mutes
' are issued to an account a team of JMods do look at every single case, in steps, to see if said penalty is issued right, justified applied to said account before it is made final.

So yes ... real people, JMods ... do look at every case.

22-Apr-2023 12:39:12

Lifeprime

Lifeprime

Yes, this isn't satisfying. Thank you for the responses, though.

When I appealed to my ban with, "I'd like another chance", I thought I was going to be given a opportunity to explain my regret, excuse myself, and plead for another opportunity.

Getting an automatic message that my appeal had been responded to and seeing that it was "denied" makes me think there was no way I was going to get my ban lifted in the first place.

I'm just yelling at the sky at this point I guess, but I've seen multiple people admit to this "small-time" macroing but in their appeals they just continue to deny it; I've also seen them get away it and their bans lifted. I guess I feel betrayed for thinking I was given the opportunity to come clean if I admitted my wrongdoing, but now I doubt "real people, JMods" were giving me that opportunity in the first place.

22-Apr-2023 16:28:35

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
About ten years ago or so Jagex used to treat a first time macroing offence differently from a subsequent macroing offence. A temporary ban would try to give players a chance to move forward on their account without further macro use. The initiative failed and Jagex stopped doing the "first time offence" category of temp ban.

Jagex still uses temp bans today but for a different purpose.
Your macroing (as explained in your opening post) would not qualify for a temp ban. You used the macro to get from level 91 to 97 before the ban. That is over 4.5 million exp., a significant amount. Was it "small time" macroing? Sorry, No.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

23-Apr-2023 00:01:01

Falestinian
Mar Member 2024

Falestinian

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I should have temp not perm banned.
Hi my name is “Palestinian”, banned back in 12/april/2022.
I never had a third party software, i never did a mistake before,
I spent alot of time/money only to be the greatest account in my place.

Boom, after a few days of autoclicker i got perm banned, even there is was no a 1% chance to get temp banned.

Atleast banned of 3 days to see i did a mistake and to apologise to you all that ill never come back for this mistakes

But!! A perm banned for the first time ever! Even no a second chance to a appeal an offence!
Im sorry really sorry

But i want to get my account back
I think its enough for first time banned to take more than a year’

Please &#128532;
PLEASE HELP ME UNBAN MY MAIN ACCOUNT!!!

20-Jul-2023 09:52:19

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Phoheer & Soboh, the message of Jagex/JMods here is pretty clear ... '
do not use any hardware/software to do things for you that you should be doing yourself, playing RuneScape
' with the only exception of '
Standard hardware/software
' that comes with buying a computer.

If you fail to respect the '
Rules of RuneScape
' and '
Terms & Conditions
' you will face consequences based on a '
Zero Tolerance Policy

There's no discussion possible whatsoever.

20-Jul-2023 10:44:04

Quick find code: 408-409-282-66278790 Back to Top