Forums

Friend false banned.

Quick find code: 408-409-270-66280562

The contents of this message have been hidden

24-May-2023 19:24:05

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First and foremost, you have no ability to prove that your friend is innocent and thus false banned, as you named it.

Jagex's Support System isn't horrible, you just have to prove that there is no situation present that could have brought an account close to macroing whatsoever.

Using a standard computer, standard hardware, having installed a standard operating system, with standard software and no 3rd party software interacting with RuneScape or Jagex's Servers.
Using '
Jagex's Official RuneScape/OldSchool RuneScape Game Clients
' not using any unfair advantage (software/hardware) ... that's the proof/ultimate situation Jagex/JMods are looking for to be confident that no rule breaking takes place.

What you do believe is irrelevant as you can't help him. Your friend has said evidence and knows what was going on.

Internet Stories have come a long way and always will exist no matter how, Jagex/JMods do know them too and those JMods are under a heavier/harder scrutiny than you and I or anyone else for that matter.
Their jobs are at stake, might they fail, and their punishment will have larger effect straight into their personal lives, than you and I have to fear.

Your friend has been caught ... and might prove that there was a mistake, if there was any.

24-May-2023 20:25:44

scopearo
May Member 2016

scopearo

Posts: 33 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not trying to prove anything and you're right what I believe is unimportant in the decision, what I'm trying to do is to get a Jmod to manually check his account and see the reason why he was banned.

To say the account support system isn't horrible is ridiculous, there is no way to talk to a real person at Jagex and find out what's wrong manually, their customer support is pretty much non existent and underfunded at this point.

24-May-2023 20:53:02

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If Jagex/JMods were here talking about how they collect evidence, from which locations, from which sources any person wanting to exploit this game with rulebreaking matters would have to listen/read and Jagex/JMods would already face the next 20+ years of game abuse/cheating/breaking the Rules of RuneScape and Terms & Conditions.

The time, Jagex/JMods have been investigating your friends account could have been for quite some time, longer then you know or assume.

24-May-2023 21:02:38

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The opening post has been hidden as it contains allegations about another by name, which is not permitted on the forums. The post is quoted below with the name and allegations removed:
Original message details are unavailable.
3 months ago my friend got false banned for "macroing", he has attempted to contact mod twisted multiple times on reddit with no luck and everyone knows the Jagex account support system is horrible to use.

My question is how do I help him get his account unbanned? I 100% believe it is a false ban, he has been a paying member of runescape for 15+ years, having maxed on runescape and nearly maxed on osrs, he's someone who refuses to even play on the runelite client because he doesn't trust it and has only ever used the vanilla client.

[Edited] ... my friend isn't the only one I know to have been falsely banned recently, is there a way I could contact a mod and get help for him?
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

25-May-2023 03:34:30

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My question is how do I help him get his account unbanned?

There is nothing you can do to help your friend except to direct him to the Appeal an offence page in the Support Centre. That is the only way to appeal a ban.

Additional information can be found in the Macroing & RWT bans [Info] sticky
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

25-May-2023 03:38:03

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
what I'm trying to do is to get a Jmod to manually check his account and see the reason why he was banned.
When you send in an appeal using the Appeal an offence venue, you are indeed requesting to have a Jagex Moderator manually check the ban once again. That's why it takes up to 7 days to get a reply back. If the response has already been sent and it's an unfavorable one, then I'm afraid that their decision is final for that specific account at this precise moment.

25-May-2023 15:13:01

The contents of this message have been hidden

20-Jul-2023 18:05:40

Quick find code: 408-409-270-66280562 Back to Top