Forums

recovery, stolen account, 07

Quick find code: 408-409-23-66293566

cooljoe1016

cooljoe1016

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
looking for help or advice on how to recover a stolen account.

ive tried once a year for the last couple years and it always denies me.
my accounts user name was joecool1016, the person that stole the account named it pixieruin901. (its still active based on recovery attempts)

i made the account when runescape was in its cross over from classic to rs2 the pre 07 version, and i was on the account for a few years. it was also before email verification ect. i played until approximately 2007-8.

i spent months as a 13 year old kid building that account and i would really like to recover my original account and work.

if someone knows a way around this or someone directly with jagex would take the time to actually read the password request instead of relying on a 32 year old man to remember his dads credit card info from 2006.

i can list of tons of info, friends, past passwords, the rough time period i was a member my dads info minus the credit card and where i lived when i made the account. im sure my password recovery questions are pretty close to.

23-Jan-2024 23:05:00 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2024 23:06:40 by cooljoe1016

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
cooljoe1016

How fast does the deny reply arrive after you submit?
- less than 5 minutes?
- more than 15 minutes?
If we know which of the above, we can tell how far you have got into the process before the deny.

Email verification back in those days existed but it was optional, not essential.

If a player chose not to link and verify an email, it meant they were creating a "throwaway" account.
A throwaway account was almost impossible to recover if it got stolen because the first thing a hijacker would do is link their own email. O_o

The crossover from Classic to RS2 started in March 2004 and ran for a few months.
In August 2005 Classic was closed and became members only.
In January 2006 access to Classic was closed to new accounts.

Do you know your account creation date?
If you don't, it sounds like it should be sometime between March 2004 and August 2005.
Submitting a creation date anytime within that range will be fine as long as most of your other information is good.

You need to come up with some good information from those first three years to override the claim your hijacker has.
Friends list cannot be used in recovery
Passwords can be used though they are checked by a computer so they need to be accurate. Old RS passwords were letters/numbers only, no upper case and no special characters.
About the payments: You will know who paid, how they paid and the payers postcode and email . Knowing the actual credit card number or a transaction ID is a bonus but not essential.
You know some recovery questions and answers? terrific. If you are asked for them on the form, try to answer. You don't need to be exact, just give a good idea that you know what you set.

The 'Other Comments' section can be used to mention:
* when you first paid for membership
* that no email was linked or verified until after the account was stolen

Good Luck!
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

24-Jan-2024 02:44:16

Quick find code: 408-409-23-66293566 Back to Top